Electrical Engineer – Highly regulated environment
San Diego, CA 92121
JOB #: 69148-TJ
KEY WORDS: CAPA, Test, protocols and reports
JOB DESCRIPTION: The Electrical Engineer will be responsible for 40% design functions and 60% manufacturing support. There will be 3 main functions:
1.) Design improvement at board and System level
2.) Complete root cause analysis for open NCMRs, CAPA and complaints
3.) Reporting – must have excellent writing skills.
• Evaluate, investigate and design electrical systems, products, components, and applications applying knowledge of electronics, software, manufacturing processes and materials. Test mitigations and further the design development.
• Take measurements using laboratory tools, such as oscilloscopes, function generators, power supplies and multi-meters.
• Develop manufacturing test equipment, such as a board level tester. Create specifications and testing equipment to the specifications.
• Facilitate progress on projects by training and guiding technicians, create best-practices and refine work instructions.
• Write and execute V&V protocols and reports.
• Create incoming inspection documents and fixtures for Engineering.
• Release schematics designed in OrCad CIS, including the release of new components.
• Create Bill of Materials according to released SOP’s.
• Represent Engineering in CCB meetings.
• Review and sign off for Engineering on change orders.
• Troubleshoot circuit boards; work with Quality on NCMRs and CAPAs.
• Help the project manager with identifying risks and review risk analysis, such as a DFMEA.
• Complete other engineering duties as assigned.
Salary Range and Bonus Potential:
• $ 90K - $115K
• Stock option grants with 3-year vesting schedule
• Annual discretionary bonus
• Medical, dental, vision, life/AD&D, LTD, and voluntary plan options
• 401(k) with employer match
• Tuition assistance program
• Paid Time Off (PTO) plan
• Annual designated holidays
• Employee recognition awards
• Employee referral incentives
• An entrepreneurial, engaging and exciting place to work
• 5+ years of experience in the field of electronics or electrical engineering; or the equivalent combination of education, training, and experience in a highly regulated environment (DOD, Aviation or Medical Device).
• Excellent Writing Skills
• Highly regulated quality System Environment
• Excellent troubleshooting skills and ability to determine appropriate designs.
• Experience working with circuit board houses on PCBs
• Solid understanding of common measurement and test equipment.
• Ability to read electrical circuit diagrams.
• Effective verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent documentation, recordkeeping and data collection skills with attention to detail.
• Ability to work with minimal supervision and work with minimal supervision for most of tasks.
FOR OTHER OPPORTUNITIES AND TO REGISTER WITH TRISTAFF, PLEASE VISIT OUR WEBSITE AT www.tristaff.com