Electro-Mechanical Technician-Assembler – Start ASAP!!!
Laguna Beach, CA 92652
This role performs repetitive mechanical assembly of simple electro-mechanical assemblies, sub-assemblies, mechanisms, and systems in accordance with production/engineering specifications, sketches, and/or verbal instructions.
Some of the Job Duties for this role:
- Cable fabrication (Cable cutting, stripping, etc.)
• PCB Stuffing (Through-hole and surface mount)
• Some Shipping, parts pulling/counting
• Chassis buildup
• Performs assembly work requiring a high degree of manual dexterity.
• Uses tools and fixtures for precisely locating and positioning of parts.
• Adjusts, aligns, and tightens using an air vise, hand tools, pneumatic tools, and drill presses.
• Keeps track of inventory in the work area, and notifies supervisor when material is needed.
• Identifies and replaces or reports defective sub-assemblies.
• Conducts simple go-no-go testing.
• Maintains a clean, orderly, and safe work area.
• Performs other duties as assigned to ensure the success of projects, individuals, and the company.
Job Requirements and Qualifications Needed:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
• Skilled in assembly (i.e. 2-3 years’ experience); circuit board assembly
• Computer skills a must with the ability to learn some basic DOS programming
• Comfortable with all small assembly tools
• Soldering skills to J-STD-001 or equivalent
• Some technical background - Comfortable working in a lab environment
• Able to work unsupervised to a certain extent
• Willing to be cross-trained (no set job description)
• Comfortable working under ring magnifier and microscope a plus
• Ability to read and understand verbal and written instructions, specifications, blueprints, or sketches.
• Self-motivated, self-starter, sense of urgency, personable, energetic, dependable, honest, and thorough.
• Quality conscious with the ability to meet productivity goals.
• Excellent communication skills including excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Detail-oriented and able to maintain a high level of ownership and accuracy on all work activities.
• Ability to work in a positive manner with other associates.
• Can adapt and operate within a high-performance culture.
Work shift – Monday – Friday, 24-30 hours/week to start. Overtime may be needed at times.