Temecula, CA 92589
Job Purpose: The Enrollment Representative is responsible for generating sales revenue by matching students to continuing education / career training programs. Enrollment Representatives will prioritize a high volume of qualified leads, generated through our website, referrals, live chat, and telephone, to achieve personal and team metrics. The Enrollment Representative consults with prospective students ranging from course descriptions and instructors to financing, and enrollment, keeping the customer experience forefront throughout. Successful Enrollment Representatives are effective at asking appropriate, probing questions, overcoming objections, and effective management of time, including being voice-to-voice whenever possible.
*Remote working opportunities available once trained and qualified!!*
** Please send resume for consideration and call Liz Valdez @ 888-513-9413 or 951-302-4750 ext. 411
JOB DESCRIPTION / DUTIES:
- Ensure the highest quality student experience from an individual’s first contact with the school through his or her initial enrollment by leveraging our processes and infrastructure.
- Generate student enrollment by calling on prospective students, advising them on how the school can meet their educational and career needs and guides qualified applicants through the admissions and enrollment process.
- Complete all required reports regarding sales and sales campaigns, market feedback and team territory management activities.
- Maximize your sales conversations using a proven sales methodology and time management techniques
- Manage your pipeline to meet/exceed all assigned revenue and enrollment objectives.
Salary Range and Bonus Potential: $47,500 per year plus bonuses (commission)
Benefits: (once hired perm)
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Health savings and flexible spending accounts
- Short/long-term disability insurance
- Life and AD&D insurance
- Dependent life insurance
- Individual and family AD&D
- Legal expense insurance
- 401(k) savings plan
- Paid vacations, holidays and sick days
- Tuition assistance
- Classroom-based and online training resources
- Minimum 1-year sales experience, where your compensation was directly affected by achievement of goals. i.e. - commissioned sales plan
- Online experience and proficiency; able to navigate sites and applications; technically literate
- Ability to work beyond conventional business hours to complete assignments as required
- Basic computer skills/working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Multi-tasking, attention to detail
- Strong work ethic; Accountable
- Adjustable and adaptable to change
- Goal-setter, self-motivating, self-driven
Demonstrable success in telephone sales
Experience in a call center
Higher Education Admissions Experience
- Some college coursework or continuing education certification completed
- Four-year degree Preferred