Field Service Design Engineer – Test Equipment
Torrance, CA 90501 | Direct Hire
JOB #: 68924-TJ
KEY WORDS: test equipment, installation
JOB DESCRIPTION: deploying Test Equipment Systems at various customers around the world, upgrading them when needed, maintaining them under service contracts, and building customer relationships on the front line. In the facility, you will perform the analysis, conceptual design, development, and testing of complex control test equipment used on many military, and commercial aircraft components. Many new applications will require a special, tailored design, even though adaptation of existing designs will also be a bit part of your job.
• Travel to many customer facilities around the world, install test equipment and troubleshoot customer issues
• Perform upgrades and maintenance of our TE, keeping it in top operating condition and visually appealing
• Develop strong relationships with the customers and users of the TE
• Identify sales opportunities while on travel for sales engineers to pursue
• Build project plans for the successful testing of new products from start to finish.
• Conceptualize and design automatically controlled mechanical/hydraulic test rigs.
• Be concerned with system or component performance and integration, both being achieved within budget and prescribed schedules
• Coordinate the work of drafters, technicians, designers, analysts, manufacturing engineers and others who assist in specific assignments
• Possibly provide direct supervision subordinate engineers and/or project or product-engineering technicians.
• $ 90,000 to $125,000
• Comprehensive health programs
• Retirement plans
• Recreational activities
• Many locations offer assistance with tuition for advanced degrees
5 + years of experience with design, analysis, and development of complex electro-hydraulic, electro-mechanical, or electro-pneumatic servo-mechanisms for mechanical and hydraulic test rigs. Hands-on integration and troubleshooting experience preferred.
• A proven record of successful development programs working as a part of a project team
• Experience in the areas of Requirements Definition, Integration, V&V, modeling & simulation with project management.
• Since this individual will often be seen by customers as the responsible technical representative of the company, you must be able to communicate fluently to a wide variety of audiences.
• Interpersonal skills are important in this role
• US Citizen/Permanent resident
• Bachelor of Science’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, probably an advanced degree
FOR OTHER OPPORTUNITIES AND TO REGISTER WITH TRISTAFF, PLEASE VISIT OUR WEBSITE AT www.tristaff.com