Monterey, CA 93940 | Temporary to Permanent
JOB #: 18010901-TEM
KEY WORDS: Finance Manager, Financial Manager, Finance Administrator, Financial Controller, light Treasurer.
JOB DESCRIPTION: Summary: As a member of the National Geographic Learning organization of the Global Production Group, The Finance Manager will play a key role in Finance by providing the financial and related operational support for our National Geographic Learning business group. Responsibilities include reporting and analysis for revenue, gross margin, operating expenses and capital expenditures; review product investment proposals; update and maintain key financial metrics; and provide ad hoc analyses and reports. The incumbent should have proven interpersonal skills with a track record of establishing collaborative business relationships with cross functional teams within an organization; the ability to manage and use large volume of data within analyses to problem solve; and have effective communication skills to work with all levels of management and staff.
Interested candidates please respond to this posting and submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, and call Liz @ 888-513-9413 ext. 411. I look forward to hearing from you!
• Assist in the development of the long and short term range plans, and forecast latest estimates to ensure accurate and profitable business decisions (3 year plan, annual plan, quarterly forecasts, list post mortems, etc.).
• Provide ad hoc analyses to support both current and potential future strategic scenarios and related financial impact to the business (metrics, gross margin analysis, financial modeling, etc.).
• Assist in the development of policies and procedures which monitor and improve the business unit’s profitability, return on assets and efficiency of operations.
• Support monthly close by recapping P&L actual results versus plan, forecast and prior year, and preparing variance analyses; analyze current and past trends in various metrics including revenue, gross margin, operating expenses and capital expenditures.
• Individual contributor who can partner with the business in providing guidance on the budget and bring financial discipline in investment decisions.
• Create financial models and analyses to support strategic initiatives.
• Analyze complex financial information and reports to provide accurate and timely financial recommendations to management for decision making purposes.
• Ensure data integrity and consistency of information as well as organized documentation of results and data sources used.
• $110,000-115,000 per year
• 7+ years in an analytic role with experience with both Operational and Financial Planning and Analysis responsibilities.
• Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Excel. Experience with Hyperion, JD Edwards and Oracle a plus.
• High comfort level with projects dealing with metrics and other data driven analysis for management.
• Industry experience in publishing, software, or related content business a plus.
• Strong interpersonal skills including excellent written and verbal skills.
• Experience in matrix organized work environment working with all levels of management.
• Solid understanding of accounting and finance principles required.
• Must be comfortable and have experience in a dynamic, rapidly growing, fast paced environment.
• Ability to meet deadlines quickly and accurately, multi-task and work well under pressure with changing priorities.
• High mathematical and analytical skills required. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw conclusions. Overall, a logical problem solver.
• Demonstrates impeccable organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
• MBA preferred.
FOR OTHER OPPORTUNITIES AND TO REGISTER WITH TRISTAFF, PLEASE CALL TRISTAFF AT 888-513-9413 ext. 411.