Hardware Product Manager – POS Products
San Diego, CA 92127
Would you like to join the Premier Point of Sale developer? Beginning with the first stand-alone retail point of sale system over 40 years ago, our client. has been helping restaurant and retail customers put technology to work to improve internal operations, enhance customer experiences, implement food safety measures, and better manage information. With point of sale systems in more than 75,000 restaurants and more than 110 countries, our client is redefining the point of sale to bring technological innovation to all corners of the enterprise.
Job Description: Our Product Management team is seeking an experienced product manager to join our hospitality Point of Sale group where you will play a key leadership role in the ongoing success of POS. This is a new position in our San Diego, California office where the successful candidate will be working daily to develop and introduce new hardware products. Under the guidance and support of the Vice President, Hardware Development, you will provide valued leadership alongside peer product managers, development leads, a release manager, customer success managers, and the executive management team.
With our offices, customers, and key industry events spread across North America there is a need for you to travel multiple times per year by air to represent our POS.
- Determines customers' needs and desires by specifying the research needed to obtain market information.
- Recommends the nature and scope of present and future product lines by reviewing product specifications and requirements; appraising new product ideas and/or product or packaging changes.
- Assesses market competition by comparing the company's product to competitors' products.
- Working cross-functionally, brings new products to market; establishing time schedules with engineering and manufacturing.
- Determines product pricing by utilizing market research data; reviewing production and sales costs; anticipating volume; costing special and customized orders.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
Develop hardware products by identifying potential products; conducting market research; generating product requirements; determining specifications, production timetables, pricing, and jointly working cross-functionally to develop time-integrated plans for product introduction.
- Demonstrated success defining and launching excellent hardware products
- Minimum of 8 years of experience as a Hardware Product Manager
- 5+ years of experience in the hospitality or retail markets with direct POS experience preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Experience leveraging channel partners to bring product to market
- Pragmatic Marketing Certification and/or Training
- Technical background, with experience in HW design and manufacturability
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority
- Must be able to travel 25% of the time
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering or equivalent experience
FOR OTHER OPPORTUNITIES AT TRISTAFF, PLEASE VISIT OUR WEBSITE AT www.tristaff.com