Human Resources Assistant
JOB #: 19062604-TEM
KEY WORDS: Human Resources Assistant, HR Assistant, HR Asst., Human Resources Support, HR Support/Assistant
Job Purpose: The Human Resources Assistant supports the day-to-day operations of Human Resources department functions and duties. The HR Assistant will promote HR practices and objectives that provide an employee-oriented, high performance culture that emphasizes empowerment, quality, productivity and standards, goal attainment, and the recruitment and ongoing development of a superior workforce. The HR Assistant will support the implementation of services, policies, and programs through HR staff and will report to the Vice President of Human Resources and Administration and assist team members with HR inquiries. To perform the HR Assistant job successfully, the candidate must be able to perform each essential responsibility satisfactorily.
** Please send resume for consideration and call Liz Valdez @ 888-513-9413 or 951-302-4750 ext. 411
JOB DESCRIPTION / DUTIES:
• Perform administrative tasks, including compose and draft offer letters, fax documents, data entry, create forms, process mail and FedEx packages, and other clerical functions.
• Responsible for all HR-related digital and hard copy filing, including personnel files, job files, leaves of absence, workers’ compensation, vendor files, etc.
• Serve as the first point of contact for employee questions regarding policies, procedures, payroll, timekeeping, benefits, leave of absence requests, workers’ compensation injuries, etc.
• Update and process employee changes in the human resources information system (HRIS) as requested.
• Assist with recruiting efforts, posting positions internally and on websites and job boards, letters to candidates, and track candidates on affirmative action log.
• Assist in preparing separation paperwork for off-boarding of departing employees.
• Will be trained as a backup for new hire orientation.
• Will be trained as a backup to the Receptionist and Office Services Coordinator to cover during vacations, leaves of absence or when they are out of the office.
• Attend administrative staff meetings; contribute ideas and support team-oriented environment by participating in discussions, company sponsored events, and projects as assigned.
• Update various HR spreadsheets and logs weekly and/or as assigned.
• Assist in HR and payroll audits as requested by Vice President of Human Resources and Administration.
• Assist with leaves of absence and the administration of workers’ compensation claims.
• Participate as an active member on the Company’s Committee and Wellness Committee and assist with implementation of ideas. May be tasked to create agendas, take minutes, and prepare and distribute minutes as needed.
• Assist HR with coordinating employee events including retirement parties, picnics, potlucks, luncheons, company sponsored events, flu clinics, training classes and special programs.
• Assist in decorating the facility, including the lunchrooms, for special occasions and holidays.
• Display dedication to position responsibilities and achieve assigned goals and objectives.
• Comply with the policies and procedures stated in the Injury and Illness Prevention Program by
• Always working in a safe manner and immediately reporting any injury, safety hazard, or program violation.
• Ensure conduct is consistent with all Compliance Program Policies and procedures when engaging in any activity on behalf of the company. Immediately report any concerns or violations.
Salary Range and Bonus Potential: $18-20/hr.
Benefits: (once hired perm)
• Medical & Dental Insurance
• Retirement Savings Plan 401(k)
• Paid Time Off (Float & Sick)
• Holiday Pay
• Life Insurance; LTD
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and HRIS. Will need to type 50 wpm.
• Required to handle a variety of situations and needs from callers in a calm, friendly, efficient manner.
• Always maintain confidentiality and represent the company in a professional manner and appearance.
• Must be a motivated, creative, and energetic multi-tasking HR Assistant. This position will require the candidate to be adaptable, transparent, and a quick learner with the ability to effectively work in a fast-paced environment.
• Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills, including interfacing and corresponding with multiple levels of management.
• Must have excellent customer service and organizational skills with a detail-oriented approach to problem-solving.
Must display an excellent attention to details and ability to catch errors
• Must have strong ability to research and find solutions.
• Must have strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, specifically Excel, Visio, and PowerPoint.
• Must be proficient in creating and editing documents in Microsoft Word and Excel and Adobe Acrobat.
• Must be able to learn complex processes quickly and find ways to improvement processes.
• Must be able to follow processes and complete repetitive tasks.
• Must have a high level of integrity as proven personally and professionally.
• Must be able to work effectively with co-workers, internal and external customers and others by sharing ideas in a constructive and positive manner
• Listen to and objectively consider ideas and suggestions from others; keep commitments; keep others informed of work progress, timetables, and issues;
• Address problems and issues constructively to find mutually acceptable and practical business solutions; address others by name, title, or other respectful identifier, and; respect the diversity of our work force in actions, words, and deeds.
• Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Communications, Psychology, Organizational Behavior, or related field.
• At least five (5) years’ progressive experience working in HR department in a fast-paced environment.
• Basic understanding of Federal and State employment laws.
• Must be comfortable using a phone system with multiple lines and paging as needed.
• Experience in clerical work, data entry, data auditing, and report writing.
• Experience with HRIS.
• Experience working within a complex, matrixed organization preferred.
• Continued education with a focus in Human Resources highly preferred.
• PHR / SHRM-CP certification or equivalent preferred.