IT Security Analyst (Contract)
San Diego, CA
Under the direction of the Director of IT, the IT Security Analyst will play a key role in client’s information security program. The IT Security Analyst will plan and implement security measures to protect information systems, networks, and data. This position will be responsible for assessing information security related risks and preventing data loss and service interruptions related to threats.
Some of the Job Duties:
- Work with the Information Security Officer to implement enterprise wide security plan.
- Establish and maintain system controls by developing framework for controls and levels of access; recommending improvements to improve security and reduce risk. Create and update the necessary policies associated with HIPAA and PCI DSS requirements.
- Develops security awareness by providing orientation, educational programs, and on-going communication. Works with stakeholders at all levels of the organization to communicate the state of information security, inform of possible risks, and suggest ways to improve security
- Work with other members of the IT Dept. to implement safeguards and other IT security related solutions,
- Stay up-to-date on the latest intelligence and methodologies of related to information security in order to identify threats and manage risks. Updates job knowledge and awareness of IT Security developments by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations; attending IT Security conferences.
- Monitor multiple systems and networks in order to assess security and risk posture.
- Conduct periodic network monitoring and intrusion detection analysis to determine if there have been any attacks on the system. Work with the applicable parties to test mitigation plans.
What we are looking for in a candidate:
- S. in Computer Science, B.S. in Information Systems, Computer Science or related field preferred but not required
- 1 or more of these certifications REQUIRED: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, or CEH
- 5+ years’ experience as an IT Security Analyst or IT Security Administrator
- 2+ years’ conducting change management in an IT environment
- 2+ years in a healthcare environment, strong understanding of HIPAA and HITECH requirements.
- 2+ years supporting or conducting audits within a regulated environment
- 2+ years conducting forensics to support various departments
- Experience building and enterprise-wide security program
- Strong understanding or IT risk management
- Strong understanding of IT Audit best practices
- Strong understanding of ITIL best practices