Lead Cyber Security Engineer – Cloud, High-traffic Online Transactions
San Diego, CA 92122 | Direct Hire
JOB #: 18051101 - P
Thriving Technology Company in San Diego, CA is hiring a Lead Cyber Security Engineer! With $50M+ in Venture Funding and thousands of recurring revenue customers across the globe, they are on a steady growth trajectory. If you’re a Senior Security Engineer, this is an opportunity to move into a key Principal Security Architect type of role, where you can utilize your hacker mentality. If you love improving online security to protect consumers’ data, and would love to utilize your skills for companies doing social good in the world, we want to hear from you!
Their SaaS platform is designed to enable businesses to easily communicate with their customers, leverage social media, process financial and credit card transactions, and ultimately grow their revenues. Thus, they are looking for a Lead/Principal Security Engineer who can keep them PCI DSS compliant, but it’s not required that you have done compliance work before (just preferred). This multifaceted role is ideal for a security expert, who will be the primary driver of security best practices for the company and also interface with clients to ensure they are confident in the platform’s security.
You will manage and enhance ongoing compliance initiatives (eg, PCI DSS Level 1, GDPR, OpenSAMM) and take a hands-on role combating personal identification theft, credit card fraud, and other cyber security threats. You will work closely with the DevOps team to develop scalable tools to manage and automate the security of production environment.
To apply, send your resume for confidential review to Kanani Masterson (firstname.lastname@example.org). This is a fulltime position based in San Diego, CA.
• Continuous improvements to security in their AWS environment
• Work with Customer Success and IT to improve security knowledge and best practices.
• Service attack surface minimization/hardening
• First responder to cyber security threats
• Managing PCI DSS Level 1 and other compliance projects
• Oversee and perform penetration testing
• Evangelize security best practices across the business and to potential customers
• Work closely with Engineering to assist in the reproduction and resolution of defects
• Make a major impact on other people and corporations to do good in the world!
Salary Range and Bonus Potential:
$130,000 to $175,000
• Performance bonus
• Competitive paid-time off, plus generous company paid holidays (closed Christmas through New Year’s, and day after St. Patrick’s Day)
• 10 half-day Fridays per year
• 20 hours paid time off to volunteer for your charity/non-profit of choice
• Monthly parking pass, public transit pass, or ride-share allowance
• Supplemental Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
• 401(k) plan
• Employee Stock Options (Pre-IPO stock)
• Fitness membership discounts
• Pet friendly office
• Multiple company and team outings and participation in team sports
• Monthly employee development courses
• Brand new & spacious offices in San Diego, CA
• Must have over 5 years of experience in a Security Engineer, Cyber Security Analyst, or similar role
• Experience with the latest tools to implement security best practices
• Experience with PCI certification is a plus.
• Experience preventing credit card fraud and other cyber security threats
• Ability to work closely with other engineers, product managers and customer support.
• Ability to work in a dynamic and agile environment with tight deadlines
• Positive, 'can do' attitude with a focus on the success of the team over individual successes.
• Experience with DevOps tools is a plus
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science, mathematics, or similar is required. Masters’ degree preferred.
FOR OTHER OPPORTUNITIES AND TO REGISTER WITH TRISTAFF, PLEASE VISIT OUR WEBSITE AT www.tristaff.com