Lead/Manager Software Engineering – Azure, .NET, Stable Tech Company
San Diego, CA 92122 | Direct Hire
JOB #: 18052302-P
JOB DESCRIPTION: Established, Privately-held Software Company creating best in class applications in the retail industry is hiring a key leader for their Software Team. As a Lead Software Engineer/ Software Manager, you will utilize your skills as a “player/coach” for small team of four senior level engineers. This is a high-impact role that’s ideal for a business-minded engineering leader, as you’ll report directly to the CEO.
As the Lead Software Engineer/Manager, you’ll provide technical direction in an Agile environment. This role will require solid project management skills to add more accountability for completing projects on time. This does not require hands-on coding, but will require deep and current knowledge of the latest web applications technologies to create best-in-class web based applications for their established customer base.
The ideal candidate is a natural leader, collaborative, curious, versatile, organized, and intrinsically motivated to improve themselves and others around them. You’ll join a family-oriented, small software company with a dedicated Executive Team and loyal customer base of over 3,500 retailers. The leadership team values ethics, career growth, and work/life balance, thus the average employee tenure is over 10 years!
• Provide leadership, guidance and motivation to the development team.
• Oversee code deployment process, ensuring sufficient change testing, defect tracking and coverage for after-hours support.
• Build relationships with business stakeholders, infrastructure teams, other IT teams and vendors. Drive projects and improvement activities across the extended team(s).
• Manage development of Cloud-based web services using technologies, such as C#.NET, AngularJS (version 6), Azure, and SQL.
• Evaluate requirements of feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines with optimal solutions.
• Analyze product requirements and create software architectures and designs.
• Design and develop state-of-the-art approaches to solving complex and ambiguous problems.
• Cultivate engineering and operational excellence through metrics and continuous learning.
• Mentor and grow superstar Software Engineers to take on increasingly higher responsibilities.
To apply, send your resume for confidential review to Kanani Masterson (firstname.lastname@example.org). This is a fulltime position based in San Diego, CA. Local candidates only, please.
• $120,000 to $140,000 per year
• Excellent Medical, Dental, Vision coverage
• Profit Sharing/bonuses
• Casual, supportive, and flexible work environment. Can work from home 1-2 days per week as needed.
• Must have minimum of 2 years in a technical management or leadership role
• Must have minimum of 10 years of hands-on software development experience.
• Excellent Agile Project Management skills, with proven track record of delivering results.
• Must have current knowledge of C#.NET, SQL, web-based, microservices, Cloud/SaaS (Azure preferred), and AngularJS.
• Must have 2+ years’ experience managing software teams that develop or maintain web-based, SaaS, or cloud based business applications.
• Success delivering products/services in a collaborative environment, exhibiting strong ability to identify and solve ambiguous customer-focused problems
• Able to lead complex technical discussions with developers and engineers, building consensus and creating action plans.
• High attention to detail with proven ability to juggle multiple, competing priorities simultaneously and make things happen in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
• Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to work successfully with teams across the organization, including Engineering, Sales, Marketing, Operations, Customer Support, and Senior Leadership
• Strong analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and opinions
• BS Degree in Computer Science preferred.
FOR OTHER OPPORTUNITIES AND TO REGISTER WITH TRISTAFF, PLEASE VISIT OUR WEBSITE AT www.tristaff.com