Lead Product Manager – Cutting-Edge Well Funded Web/Mobile Startup
San Diego, CA 92130
JOB #: 18092501 – P (B)
We are partnering with an early stage, well-funded Startup Company to find a Chief/Lead Product Manager to lead the efforts in creating a product that will revolutionize a huge, untapped market through a share-based platform. This is a complex product suite, involving API’s to multiple systems, predictive analytics, AI, search, personalization, high-transaction and secure payment processing, and mobile applications (iOS and Android).
As Chief Product Manager, you’ll be a cornerstone member of their Software and Solutions group. You will work closely with the founders and Chief Architect to establish, own, and lead new product definition and design. As the single voice of the customer for all software releases, you’ll ensure engineering deliverables match the needs of the business owners and the customers.
You will also coordinate all aspects of Product creation and evolution, from the ground up. This includes working with the rest of the core Product and Dev teams to drive a discipline MVP definition, initial product storyboarding, owning the voice and journey of the customer, vetting and defining buyer and vendor personas, and translating all of the above amazingness into beautiful UX and elegant, functional workflows.
Once the product has been defined and designed, the Product Owner will continue to work closely with the executive business owners and the Dev team to translate on-going business needs and features into technical requirements and the backlog.
The Chief Product Owner will lead/manage the team’s product efforts from end-to-end. You’ll also define the software release plan and scope with the platform lead, Marketing, and Engineering teams. This role serves as the single voice of the customer and Product into and out of Engineering.
TO APPLY: Send your resume to Kanani Masterson at TriStaff Group for review: email@example.com.
• Collaborate with business team to translate business needs to technical requirements
• Implement/lead/manage all product related processes, practices, and tools that allow for efficient, effective paths of delivery
• Work on staffing needs and project resource management.
• Recommend and drive improvements across the product organization.
• Manage relationships with internal departmental partners and external vendors.
• Inspire others to adopt the new processes and improvements.
• Product and user workflow design and definition.
• Agile technical project management of multiple software releases.
• Work across multiple cross-functional teams to develop solutions.
• Lead backlog grooming sessions and drive solutions to completion via the Agile process.
• Clarify any acceptance criteria, work with C-Suite, technical leads, and business leads.
Key Expertise Needed:
• Expert at leading product definition & product evolution
• Expert in customer journey and creating user personas
• Expert product storyboarder who defines/designs new product workflows and evolves feature sets
• Expert agile process (Scrum) lead with strong cross functional communication skills
• Can clearly define and translate voice of the customer (VotC) to feature acceptance criteria
• Effective backlog groomer
• Expert at product, program, & project execution
• Efficient and effective solution delivery process
• Owns and promotes continuous product, UX, customer experiences
• Must have 10+ years’ experience of Software Development methodology (SDLC) experience
• Must have 5+ years’ experience leading journey of the customer and creating user personas using tools like storyboarding
• Must have 5+ years’ experience with requirements management and software architecture
• Must have 5+ years’ experience of Agile Software Development. Must have built an Agile process from the ground up and/or worked with growing engineering teams.
• Experience transitioning and transforming teams and organizations to new methodologies.
• Multiple startup experience and passion for that environment is essential.
• Requires excellent oral and written communication skills to influence and negotiate with senior leadership.
• Certifications in Product, program, project management a plus.
• Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/Engineering preferred, or related. Master's in Computer Science or MBA preferred.
• System Design: Knowledge of the system design procedures and the ability to translate functional business requirements into a customer-facing application/platform
• Value Proposition: Knowledge of procedures used to demonstrate the ROI of the solution
• Basic Project Management: Knowledge of project management principles and the ability to apply the principles, tools and techniques to develop/plan, manage or execute projects or workplans to ensure successful completion (e.g., on time, within budget).
• SDLC Expert: Intimate knowledge of and the ability to understand, software development lifecycle management, processes, and flows
• Tools Familiarity: Familiarity with development and management tools Jira, VSTS/TFS, Adobe design applications, NetSuite and Salesforce.com (a big plus), WordPress (a big plus), HTML5 (a plus), Process/workflow mapping tools, the MSFT Office suite, Slack, Github, and other development support tools.
• Managing Supplier Relationships: Knowledge of and the ability to balance relationships with suppliers utilizing the appropriate level of oversight, probing and persistence in order to achieve win/win agreements and relationships.
• $120,000-150,000 + significant equity + excellent comprehensive benefits + performance bonuses
FOR OTHER OPPORTUNITIES AND TO REGISTER WITH TRISTAFF, PLEASE VISIT OUR WEBSITE AT www.tristaff.com
KEYWORDS: vp product management, senior product manager, product management, director product management, product manager, product owner, UX, mobile, P2P, B2B, B2C, online transactions, Crowdfunding, payment processing, AI, predictive modeling, big data, analytics, search, ecommerce