Manager, Data Science – Complex Predictive Analytics Technology
San Diego, CA 92122 | Direct Hire
JOB #: 18031901 - P
Thriving San Diego based Technology Firm that is a global leader in predictive analytics and data modeling for Fortune 500 Consumer Brands is hiring a key leader for their Data Science and Analytics team. This growing group will manage massive amounts of media, marketing, and consumer behavioral data.
You’ll use your excellent people skills to then interpret and discuss these results with customers to optimize multimillion dollar budgeting decisions. This role will have a direct impact on the data models that the company uses and will also offer a great growth opportunity for the right person!
As the Manager of Data Science, you will oversee all phases of data analytics, (data extraction, analysis, manipulation, synthesis & interpretation, and summary). This is coupled with the development, validation, testing, and maintenance of analytic tools, models, and algorithms for strategic client projects and operational initiatives.
In partnership with the VP Analytics & Modeling, you’ll design and maintain the data management and analytics environment to enable industry-leading analytic solutions.
Unique Challenges: You will work with complex data sets and to identify statistically significant causal relationships, and create models that have a direct impact on internal and clients’ bottom lines. Additionally, their systems process massive amounts of data that is aggregated from multiple sources, and is thus can be uniquely challenging to analyze. You will also be rewarded by this role if you are fascinated by consumer and major brands behaviors in a “behind the scenes” way.
If this sounds interesting to you, please apply today! Send your resume for confidential review to Kanani Masterson (firstname.lastname@example.org). This is a fulltime position based in Northern San Diego, CA.
• Supervise department statistician (s)
• Identify and develop solutions to add to their advanced analytics portfolio
• Provide advanced analytic support for and share statistical rigor best practices with department analysts
• Identify best statistical methods and test designs to match those specific analytic needs
• Use R and Python for statistical programming
Salary Range and Bonus Potential:
$100,000 to $140,000
• Comprehensive health benefits.
• Must have minimum of 5 years professional experience as a data scientist, statistical analyst, or worked in data mining environments using R, Python, or equivalent
• Preferably have management experience, but also open to candidates who have leadership potential.
• Demonstrated ability to quickly understand complex datasets and businesses concepts, including financial, operational, and strategic aspects
• Strong project management and prioritization skills with a proven ability to execute against multiple projects and excel in a fast-paced, results-oriented work environment
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills; ability to work in team environment; experience in communicating with client stakeholders and senior leadership on complex topics
• Ability to work independently and manage a small team of direct reports, with guidance from the VP Analytics & Modeling
• Mastery of best practices regarding sampling, multivariate methods, and tests of statistical significance
• Expert ability to identify appropriate statistical procedures to address specific business or data insight challenges
• Advanced knowledge of relational database concepts with ability to perform complex queries in a SQL Server environment
• Knowledge of Bayesian logic and its application in predictive modeling
• Experience and proficiency in statistical analysis software applications such as SAS, Stata, SPSS, or equivalent
• Experience and proficiency in multivariate analytics, econometric modeling, Bayesian probability, and analysis of variance, with advanced knowledge of data management concepts and SQL preferred.
• Bachelor's degree in statistics, mathematics, or equivalent required. Master’s and PhD degrees preferred
FOR OTHER OPPORTUNITIES AND TO REGISTER WITH TRISTAFF, PLEASE VISIT OUR WEBSITE AT www.tristaff.com
KEYWORDS: multivariate analytics, econometric modeling, Bayesian probability, SAS, Stata, SPSS, python, SQL, statistics, analytics, media, data science, data scientist, management, lead, manager, relation databases, statistical analyst, data analyst, predictive modeling, predictive analytics, quant, statistician, PhD