Monterey, CA 93940
JOB #: 19021301-TEM
KEY WORDS: Marketing Analyst, Database Marketing Analyst, database analysis, marketing analysis
JOB DESCRIPTION: The Marketing Analyst will play a key role in the Marketing Group providing operational support for National Geographic Learning K-12 School Group. The Marketing Analyst drives or participates in data management, data analysis, budgeting, metrics, reporting, and workflow analysis projects. Successful candidates will define and understand the relationships between data points, software platforms, execute many deadline-driven projects simultaneously, and consult with teams to solve marketing needs.
The candidate should have proven interpersonal skills with a track record of establishing collaborative business relationships with cross functional teams within an organization; the ability to manage and use large volume of data, ability to analyze along with using existing resources to problem solve; and have effective communication skills to work with all levels of management and staff.
• Responsible for maintaining data integrity within multiple systems to ensure product visibility for internal and external users. Participates in ad-hoc reporting, initiatives and analysis as assigned. Primary responsibility for maintaining, improving, and executing database updates to ensure that all product data is input, displaying correctly and sales tools are loaded.
• Manage marketing sample line, includes monitoring inventory sample reports, communicating updates, prepare meeting materials, drive meetings, and follow-up actions. Manage and execute reprint requests, track shipments, confirm delivery. Heavy focus on development and execution of product build of materials to support projects.
• Develop and maintain product bill of materials, request ISBNs, maintain build schedules and cost estimates.
• Understand Cengage policies, processes, and project management best practices.
• Work with the Field Services Manager to develop practices and processes to improve effectiveness to support sales and marketing. Identify obstacles, brainstorm solutions, and proactively gather suggestions for improvement. Document operations and workflow, and make recommendations for improvement.
• Develop and maintain strong communication lines with key internal and external stakeholders including Product Managers, MarComm Managers, Marketing Managers, Sales staff and reps, Inventory Analysts, and vendors. Interprets business needs of stakeholders, and translates them into deliverables.
• Additional duties as required.
Salary Range and Bonus Potential:
$49K to $58K
• A minimum of 3+ years’ experience in marketing, business analysis, finance, or computer related field.
• Excellent Microsoft Office skills, especially Excel.
• Experience managing and inputting data.
• Highly organized. Able to self-manage progress against milestones and multiple deliverables with a high degree of accountability and personal urgency.
• Excellent detail-orientation with ability to multitask, respond to competing priorities and changing gears in a demanding environment.
• Ability to interpret an extensive variety of reports in spreadsheet form and handle several abstract and concrete variables.
• Ability to contribute constructively in team-oriented environment with rapidly changing priorities and time pressures.
• Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
• Strong interpersonal and communications skills, both written and oral with ability to communicate complex business information to a range of audiences. Excellent customer service skills.
• Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
• Ability to train/mentor others.
• Ability to travel occasionally.
• Ability to lift 45 pounds.
• Proficient with SQL.
• Experience in publishing, inventory or marketing a plus.
• Experience with Oracle Data Warehouse, Enterprise 1, PIM, ORCA, CRM a plus.
• Highly analytical – able to think logically and in a structured way about a problem, and to dig deep into qualitative and quantitative data to extract insights.
• Tenacious – driven to get to a rigorous, well-thought-out answer quickly using whatever information and resources are available to them.
• Self-motivated – proactive in identifying and pursuing opportunities to add value to the organization.
• Highly collaborative – should embrace, support and practice a collaborative style which goes beyond relationship building. S/he will achieve results with and through others.
• Communication and presence – possess strong writing and verbal presentation skills enabling her/him to prepare and present information and recommendations to a diverse audience.
• Bachelor's degree