Molding Process Technician
San Marcos, CA 92078
JOB #: 19011501-NC/TEM
KEY WORDS: Injection Mold Tech, Molding Process Technician, Injection Molding Technician, Injection Molding Machine Operator, Plastic Injection Molding Machine Operator, Mold Machine Tech
JOB DESCRIPTION: Looking for a committed, dynamic, and dedicated Molding Process Technician. The Technician performs full set ups/ startups and process of injection molding machines as well as corrects non-conformances using scientific molding and root-cause analysis techniques. S/he installs, removes, and troubleshoots complex plastic injection molds using various tools in a safe and efficient manner.
Interested candidates please respond to this posting and submit your resume to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org, and call Liz or Prudence @ 888-513-9413 ext. 411. I look forward to hearing from you!
• Understands and follows special instructions and specifications to properly operate molds. Assesses and connects various pieces of ancillary equipment to the mold as per specification.
• Ensures the correct raw material is supplied to the molding equipment, and that proper material drying specifications are being followed.
• Creates well written, clear maintenance and tooling work orders for repairs to all auxiliary equipment, molds, and molding machines. Updates and completes all other necessary documentation reports and records.
• Performs removal and installation of complex plastic injection molds from injection molding machines using cranes, and various other tools in a safe and efficient manner.
• Performs in-machine preventative maintenance on molds, including cleaning and greasing according to protocol. Properly performs shop shutdowns and startups.
• Participates in training programs and lean manufacturing SMED setup time-reduction activities. Trains other technicians in mold setups, machine startups, and troubleshooting.
• Performs machine start-ups for all molds in all machine types and produces parts that pass quality inspections. Sets up and troubleshoots robots, pickers, and end-of-arm tooling.
• Ensures conformance to specifications using tip sheets, tolerance deviations, and part prints. Utilizes precision inspection equipment such as calipers, micrometers, depth gauges, plug gauges, scales and video comparator to verify specifications are to tolerance.
• Works closely with the Quality and Engineering teams to resolve non-conforming and defective occurrences.
• Identifies the root cause of molding problems and implements appropriate solutions. Responds to molding machine alarms, clears runners, and resolves processing problems and stuck-part issues. Troubleshoots and adjusts molding parameters within set tolerance limits to maintain quality and production output.
• Observes machine parameters during runs to verify consistency of temperatures, pressures, press-cycle times, etc. Blocks certain cavities and reprocesses an unbalanced mold flow to produce acceptable parts for remaining cavities.
• $20.11 - $28.00/hr.
• +shift differential (5% for 2nd shift, 15% for 3rd shift)
• +annual profit share (~15% of annual earnings; including shift differential and OT)
• +sign on bonus may be available for relocation candidates
• Understanding of machines and tools, including their uses and maintenance. Ability to either control mechanisms or direct physical activity to operate machines or processes.
• Ability to calculate ratios, unit of measure conversions and surface area dimensions for machine tonnage settings.
• Ability to conduct tests and inspections of products, services, or processes to evaluate quality and performance.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills in English and the ability to comprehend complex work instructions.
• Strong attention to detail and excellent problem-solving and organizational skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate with other departments.
• Ability to work within a team environment and demonstrate professional behavior.
• Ability to work under limited supervision, to self-initiate activities and to work within time limits.
• Proficiency in the use of computers with ability to perform data entry, view electronic procedures and analyze data stored in various types of databases.
• Proficiency using shop monitoring systems for proper assignment of various codes, mold cavitation, etc.
• RJG certification or Fimmtech scientific molding training (preferred).
Educational and Skill Requirements:
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Minimum two years of experience performing mold setups or similar work using tools and machinery related to plastic injection molding.
• Minimum five years of experience performing injection molding processing.
FOR OTHER OPPORTUNITIES AND TO REGISTER WITH TRISTAFF, PLEASE CALL TRISTAFF AT 888-513-9413 ext. 411.