NPI Program Manager- communication devices
San Diego, CA 92128
The Company’s Senior Program Manager is responsible for coordinating with the team to meet product cost, program budget and program schedule cross functionally during new product introduction (NPI) development.
- Conduct Program meetings and cross functional team meetings as required and provide sound judgement on issues and solutions
- Maintain cohesive overview of each program including milestones, budget and cost
- Maintain current status of each program with regard to schedule, budget and cost
- Provide consistent updates regarding the programs to executive management
- Work on specific projects with factory, suppliers and product management
- Provide consistent support for the team as needed
- Organize budget reviews on a monthly basis
- Understand and provide feedback the BOM cost
- Manage product life cycle management (PLM) tasks including prototype BOM readiness and ECO creation and implementation
- Develop and maintain the NPI process by providing accurate instructions on how to create, review and approve various review stages of the program
- Communicate with factory resources on schedule and requirements for NPI product builds
- Work with sourcing resource to ensure material availability for NPI products and supplier development for transfer from NPI to production
- Work with product management on product requirements and development risks
- Participate and contribute to process improvement initiatives
- Manage multiple programs and program types simultaneously
- Ask for customer feedback on new products and features (part of a customer- driven roadmap)
- PM’s own/manage marketing launch plan for new products.
- Support all debug efforts through analysis and log generation.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or related field is required. Additional business, technical education and/or Certificate in Project Management Program preferred.
- 10+ years of experience in in program management / product development
- Experience with Microsoft suite
- 3-5 years of Process/Workflow development experience
- Must have experience as a successful individual contributor and team leader
- Must be self- motivated, taking ownership of responsibilities, self-starting, self-managing
- Must be proactive, taking initiative and working in a collaborative team environment.
- Ideal candidates will have strong organizational skills with ability to multi-task and have a positive attitude with eagerness to learn
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Large volumes of data manipulation
- Ability to use sound judgment when representing the Company
- Foster a professional attitude and demonstrate integrity and flexibility
- Entrepreneurial, rapid learner, inquisitive, and persistent
- Process Owner / process driven
- Must have strong management skills
- Detailed and disciplined
- Proactive Personality (“Can Do Attitude”)
- Must be able to multi-task
- Robust Benefits Package including health insurance, dental, vision, life, FSA, 401(k).
Please visit our website at www.tristaff.com to view all our job postings.