Operations Assistant (Manager Support)
San Diego, CA 92121 | Direct Hire
JOB #: 18060102-SDS
KEY WORDS: Operations Manager Support, Operations Assistant, Operations Specialist, Furniture Rentals
JOB DESCRIPTION: TriStaff is partnering with their client a specialized event furniture hire company in CA.The Operations Manager Support position is responsible for supporting the Operations Manager in the effective and successful installation and removal of rented furniture, management of labor, productivity, quality and cost control measures as established and set for the department as well as the training and supervision of the production/installation staff. This position will also assist with other duties as instructed by the Operations Manager.
• Monitors and maintains weekly Operations productivity and quality objectives.
• Monitors and organizes information and communication between clients and company, gathering up to date information on delivery and strike times, access, correct addresses, site visits if necessary, confirmations, floor plans and other various logistics.
• Plans and schedules crew with the Operations Manager considering location and venue access, time schedule, load order, and related factors of items being set up.
• Communicates with other supervisors regarding items required for upcoming and returned orders.
• Sets up procedures to accurately keep count and tracking of cross rented items.
• Completes reports relating to hours and costs as directed by the Operations Manager.
• Maintains a clean, organized and safe work environment.
• Communicates relevant issues to Warehouse Manager and Operations Manager that need to be resolved.
• Checks lead sheets for damaged and missing inventory and equipment and turns report into supervisor as needed.
• Will help to create a system for efficient pick up and return of all rented vehicles. Includes the accurate recording of truck mileage, vehicle numbers, rental dates, and toll boxes. Keeps track of fuel costs as well.
• Attends weekly production, location and safety meetings.
• Assists in carrying out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with Company’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include: onboarding new employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; authoring and discussing with management employee’s performance appraisals; addressing employee performance and corrective action plans; employee motivation and evaluation.
• $40,000 per year
• Work for a premiere, specialized event furniture hire company in California.
• A dynamic, fun company who continues to thrive and produce innovative ideas and furniture and always looks to expand its range of products and services.
• May be required to supervise installations and strikes at multiple locations during busy periods.
• May assist in supervision and oversight of temporary labor hired and keeping track of hours worked.
• Will check temporary labor invoices against signed work tickets for accuracy and correct when necessary.
• Will assist in preparing and processing employee payroll. This will include checking time sheets, time clock, schedules, etc., for accuracy, and helping to develop a more streamlined and accurate employee time tracking system.
• Will assist in developing and initiating changes designed to improve control and efficiency of Logistics Department.
• Must be self-motivated
• Must be able to trouble shoot problems
• Must be resourceful
• Minimum 3 -5 years experience
FOR OTHER OPPORTUNITIES AND TO REGISTER WITH TRISTAFF, PLEASE VISIT OUR WEBSITE AT www.tristaff.com