PROJECT MANAGER - MULTIFAMILY CONSTRUCTION
Dallas, TX | Direct Hire
Summary of Position:
Responsible for maintaining project goals, schedule, and overall quality of project. Manages and mentors on-site field Associates and supervises the work of subcontractors. Ensures project compliance with all building codes and governing authorities’ requirements.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides pre-development input of construction techniques and job cost.
- Conducts material take-off prior to construction to schedule subcontractors, purchase order deliveries, and verify quantities.
- Creates final project schedule along with the Director of Construction and assist with providing qualified trades for the bidding process.
- Aids in compilation of and review all subcontractor scopes.
- Supervises and resolves subcontractor disputes and monitors quality of workmanship and materials on project.
- Oversees subcontractor submittals to construction and development departments.
- Maintains weekly status and safety reports on project for supervisory review.
- Directly supervises the activities of the Superintendent, Finish Superintendent, Field Engineer, and general labor.
- Creates and maintains site logistics plan.
- Ensures as-builts & SWPPP/BMP progress maps maintained.
- Prepares and maintains the daily work log.
- Creates and manages RFI’s.
- Monitors execution of punch lists & quality control.
- Oversees project photos are regularly taken.
- Organizes and executes schedule and safety meetings with subcontractors.
- Provides construction status at OAC meetings.
- Promotes safety on the projects and monitors subcontractors’ work is in compliance with the comprehensive project safety program and assists with OSHA inspections.
- Oversees and maintains the Lennar Environmental Management System (including SWPPP, air module, etc.).
- Conducts exit meeting with 3rd party inspectors.
- Reviews and approves subcontractors’ and suppliers’ pay requests.
- Manages all construction administrative functions on the project.
- Oversees project close-out including finalizing as-builts and collecting close-out documents.
- Creates a highly motivated team of Associates and trade partners at the community.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- High School Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management or related field is preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years supervisory experience is required.
- Minimum of 6 years of experience in construction with at least 3 years in multifamily construction is required.
- Knowledge of construction management theory and practice.
- Must have thorough knowledge of multifamily trades, ability to analyze construction documents, and ability to read blueprints.
- Knowledge of construction building codes and building methods.
- Knowledge of PC and of construction and business software, including scheduling, estimating, spreadsheets and word processing.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have the ability to operate an automobile. Must have a valid state approved driver’s license. Must be able to furnish a vehicle for use during the workday.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, ability to take initiative, use good judgment, demonstrate a strong sense of urgency and follow-up and carry multiple projects through to completion.
- Proficient with construction related tools such as tape measure, construction level, calculator, and etc.