Murrieta, CA 92562
Job Purpose: Seeking A CREATIVE LEADER with a proven history of turning vision into reality, to serve as Purchasing Manager. Looking for someone who is willing and driven to develop this department, someone who is not afraid of rolling up his/her sleeves, take a manual system and develop and implement an MRP to take this department to the next level.
The Purchasing Manager will support the Purchasing Department as a catalyst that motivates employees to function in accordance with our Core Values: Champions Our People, Integrity, Reputation, Dedication/Commitment, and is responsible for all purchasing functions to help the company fulfill its vision and mission through the best use of human capital; and assist the Purchasing team, enabling the department to have full support in performing their roles more efficiently and effectively.
This role requires strong people management, solid organizational and analytical skills, with a focus on accuracy and attention to detail, plus experience in a matrix-ed, complex organization.
Responsible for achieving optimal arrangements related to purchasing indirect products such as disposable packaging, liners, small-wares, equipment, replacement parts, cleaning chemicals, etc. This position executes the selection, evaluation, and negotiation for assigned indirect items, ensuring that the suppliers selected fit our culture and philosophy, have the necessary capacity, provide the items at the best price and highest quality. This position reports in day-to-day coordination of inventory, production, and product transition and assists with sourcing new product suppliers.
This position will analyze our current manual system and present solutions on how to develop an MRP within our current ERP or outside systems. They will create BOM’s and set up inventory controls and forecast planning.
Conducts different process and arranges optimal contracts in terms of pricing, quality, timing, and supply availability over the term of the contract. Ensures costs are within budget.
• Assists with negotiating new suppliers, cost and collaborates with logistics to bring products into distribution.
• Supports cross-functional projects with other departments related to product specifications, quality inquiries, product recall, sourcing and testing new products, and phasing in products within distribution.
• Assists purchasing in identifying new suppliers to support future growth. May attend supplier and industry conferences to identify potential suppliers, domestic and international and gain industry insights. Evaluates potential suppliers in coordination with other departments concerning the viability of their product and acceptability the facility.
• Supervise the daily activities of direct reports), providing feedback, performance management, conflict resolution and support. Responsible to ensuring all staff receive all required training and follow SOP guideline
a. End of Month Reporting includes Inventory Reconciliation of lines items using Famous (ERP system) data and other sources.
b. Offer support and advice to area leader to improve decision making on the ground level.
c. Develop and train on new ideas, such as box waste, inventory usages, and waste to ensure our processes are continually improving.
• Maintains a strong professional relationship between suppliers and the company. Communicates with suppliers concerning all aspects of the partnership including PRG philosophy and growth plans and aligns suppliers with Panda to support company growth. Evaluates the effectiveness and fitness of suppliers to determine the company’s procurement strategy.
• Establish site specific operational goals and achieve cost savings targets. Find additional cost saving for client or company wherever possible and document additional savings achieved
• Work with senior management to define and implement strategic and tactical plans and concepts in order to effectively prioritize daily tasks procedures
• Meet regularly with employees both individually and as a team to review opportunities for coaching, training, development and career growth. Perform annual appraisal and future year goal setting with each employee in a timely fashion
• Evaluate/analyze report results and then develop/initiate corrective actions/process improvements as needed
• Effectively and proactively manages to budget, analyzing and acting upon financial variances from plan by identifying additional cost savings strategies
• Analyzes and forecasts key financial drivers and KPIs for financial reporting purposes.
Salary Range and Bonus Potential: $85-100K + yearly bonus
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Company Paid Short & Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Company Paid Long-Term Care
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Voluntary Life & Accidental Death / Dismemberment Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts-Health Care and Dependent Care
- Retirement Savings Plan 401(k)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay
- Profit Sharing
- Bonus Potential
- Employee Development Training
- Safety Rewards
*5+ years of experience in previous MRO, Buying/Sourcing, indirect buying.
*Minimum 5 years’ experience in Supply Chain Management, produce, and/or manufacturing
• Experience in supply chain management
• Produce Warehouse/Manufacturing experience is a plus
• Proficiency in Procurement or CMMS Software
• Experience and familiarity with inventory control, receiving, and shipping processes
• Demonstrated interpersonal skills, including strong verbal and written communication
• Spanish is preferred but not required
• Knowledge of concepts of supply chain and logistics
• Proven experience with complex planning, forecasting full cycle purchasing programs
• Effective communication (written and verbal)
• Microsoft Office skills, Excel, Word, Outlook. PowerPoint preferred but not required.
• Knowledge of ERP system
• Effective time management skills, understanding, setting and meeting deadlines.
• Interact effectively with internal customers and with employees from all levels of the organization.
• Maintain confidentiality of sensitive Company information and use judgment and tact in applying policies, solving problems, and communicating standards.
• Analytical thinking and problem-solving abilities.
• Team building
Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, or equivalent degree