Precision Grinding Machinist
San Diego, CA 92126
JOB #: 19013001-SDS
KEY WORDS: Precision, Grinding, Operator ,
JOB DESCRIPTION: Our client has immediate needs for Precision Grinding Machinists. They have been one of the world’s leading aerospace gear manufacturing companies. They manufacture high quality, complex, precision gears and sub assemblies for commercial and military aerospace applications, in both large production and small R&D quantities.
• The Grinder/Machinist position will set-up and operate the grinders to process customer hardware.
• Ability to grind to a tolerance of +/- .0001
• Read and interpret blue prints.
• Set-up and operate various ID/OD grinding machines to perform specific operations.
• Ability to set-up and run parts with little supervision and yield on the 1st piece.
• Handling of customer hardware using proper methods.
• Use of precision measuring instruments to verify dimensions of product for accuracy and conformance to specifications.
• Knowledge of feeds, speeds, dressing of wheels, use of coolants and oils.
• Must have at least 1+ years of very recent ID/OD Grinding experience.
Mon-Friday $25-$30 per hour depending on experience.
Starting shifts are 6am-2:30pm eventually transitioning to a 3:15pm-12:45am shift.
*Drug test and background check
Salary Range and Bonus Potential:
• Work with world’s leading aerospace gear manufacturing companies
• Excellent benefits for fulltime employees
May have to complete an apprenticeship and/or formal training in area of specialty with at least 5 years of experience in the field or in a related area. Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of complicated tasks. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is required. Must have some related experience/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED)
FOR OTHER OPPORTUNITIES AND TO REGISTER WITH TRISTAFF, PLEASE VISIT OUR WEBSITE AT www.tristaff.com