Pricing Analyst – San Diego
San Diego, CA 92121
JOB #: 69224 - TJM
KEY WORDS: Auto Buying, Auditor / Audit, analyst, sales
JOB DESCRIPTION: The Pricing and Competitive Intelligence department gathers, analyses, and authenticates dealer pricing for accuracy within the Costco Auto Program. The Analyst is required to maintain a leading knowledge of the automobile business and a multitude of vehicle specifics with regards to, but not limited to Manufacturers, makes, models, trim levels, options, and incentives. The Pricing Analyst is responsible for understanding ‘market’ retail vehicle pricing through a variety of resources and produce timely work performed to identify inconsistencies in current and potential participating dealership’s program pricing.
• Review vehicle pricing anomalies within dealer-submitted vehicle pricing matrixes
• Understand individual dealership and market factors that affect the pricing
• Validate the provided pricing using available resources and by speaking with the Authorized
Pricing Contact to determine if the pricing submitted is correct to what was intended, and does not circumnavigate program pricing parameters
• Create rapport with assigned dealerships that supplements the ZBC and enhances the dealer’s impression of the Program
• Understand the pricing rules, clearly explain to others, offer suggestions how to resolve inconsistencies
• Escalate the pricing for further evaluation when the pricing is significantly outside of CAP benchmarks
• Determine whether a Comp Shop, a Price Verification audit, or a Shadow Shop is needed to validate the pricing, make the request and follow-up for results.
• Provide ongoing support for Zone Business Consultants in assigned terrorizes
• Document all conversations with participating dealerships in database
• Maintain open dialog with PCI Department Manager and Executive Director, as well as Field
• Regional Managers and the Executive Director of Field Operations and Support
• Review and Decide Pricing Proposals for new Participating Dealers.
• $ 50,000
• Comprehensive Benefits Package
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Detail-oriented; able to multi-task and organize
• Excellent follow-up, relationship building and interpersonal skills
• Self-motivated, must be able to work independently with minimal supervision
• Continually strives to improve skills and knowledge
• Must be flexible and adaptable to change
• Must be able to meet deadlines.
• Must be a team player and work well with others.
• Friendly demeanor & positive attitude
• Intermediate PC user with knowledge of MS Office software and the internet
• Two-year College or university; and/or related experience; or equivalent combination of education and
FOR OTHER OPPORTUNITIES AND TO REGISTER WITH TRISTAFF, PLEASE VISIT OUR WEBSITE AT www.tristaff.com