Product Development Engineer –Medical Device – So Orange County, CA
Aliso Viejo, CA 92656 | Direct Hire
JOB #: 69170-TM
JOB DESCRIPTION: Are you a Mechanical Engineer with strong MECHANISM DESIGN experience looking for a small orthopedic company that’s gearing up for rapid growth where you can really make a difference? Are you a hands-on engineer with strong mechanical aptitude who enjoys developing new products?
TriStaff is partnering with a late stage startup orthopedic company to find a Product Development Engineer for its growing team. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who enjoys working in an extremely fast-paced, dynamic environment and wants to help take this company to the next level. You must be a self-motivated, ambitious engineer ready to take on new challenges!
• Will design and develop new products from concept to manufacturing
• Detailed mechanical design of surgical instruments, injection molded parts, and electromechanical assemblies.
• Work with suppliers and surgeons as needed.
• Conduct product verification, validation, and qualification testing.
Salary Range and Bonus Potential:
• $ 70,000 - $ 90,000 (depending on experience)
• Stock options
• Competitive compensation
• Excellent Medical, dental, vision insurance
• PTO and holiday pay
• Stock options
• Annual bonus
• Opportunity to work on a cross-functional team to develop cutting edge technology
• Must be comfortable working with aggressive timelines and willing to take calculated risks as needed
• 2-3 years’ experience
• Must have BSME (or related degree)
• Must be proficient in Solidworks
• Should have experience working with mechanisms, machined parts, and a strong understanding of manufacturing
• Must be mechanically inclined
• Orthopedics experience preferred, medical device experience required
• Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering (or related field)
FOR OTHER OPPORTUNITIES AND TO REGISTER WITH TRISTAFF, PLEASE VISIT OUR WEBSITE AT www.tristaff.com
KEY WORDS: orthopedic, surgical, instrument, medical device, mechanical engineer, product development, R&D, GD&T, product launch, FDA, GMP, Solidworks, mechanism, design, project manager.