Product Manager - Healthcare Industry
The Product Manager is responsible for both product planning and execution throughout the product lifecycle, working with field sales and supply chain partners to manage cost and enhance gross profit while maintaining quality, creating value, improving service and enhancing patient care. This includes gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements, defining the product vision, understanding the competition, providing the go-to-market strategy (benefits and target customers), communication to the sales force, and internal and external customers and working with all departments to ensure revenue and customer satisfaction goals are met.
JOB DESCRIPTION / DUTIES:
The Product Manager will be the Subject Matter Expert (SME) on their respective product group internally and externally with the ability to speak at conferences to promote the company’s expertise in understanding the product category to existing customers or potential customers.
- Manage the entire product line lifecycle from strategic planning to tactical activities including the proposal of, and adherence to a budget that ensures success, forecast on an annual basis and report quarterly on product trends.
- Responsible for the development and ownership of manufacturer relationships, assisting with the negotiation of optimal terms for sourcing to include pricing, programs and operating efficiencies that provide cost savings.
- Track manufacturer service fees to ensure compliance with all contract terms and conditions
- Work with operational teams including purchasing, sales ops, sales reps, finance and customer service.
- Work with marketing to develop and implement marketing initiatives including web design, brand development and collateral creation.
- Provide the sales team and customer service with the necessary technical expertise to enable them to sell the product.
- Work with the purchasing department to inform of purchase requirements and to deliver revenue and purchasing forecasts monthly or as needed.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of the market to identify changes and trends in pricing, competition, channel strategy and selling environment that will impact healthcare.
- Specify market requirements for current and future products by conducting market research.
- Act as point of first reference for all product related inquiries
- Continuously strive to improve processes, service quality to internal and external customers, and employee relations.
- Collaborate with IT for continued process improvement.
- Attend trade shows, conferences, networking events and manufacturer conferences as required.
- Display dedication to the position responsibilities and achieve assigned goals and objectives
Benefits: (once hired perm)
- Medical & Dental Insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan 401(k)
- Paid Time Off (Float & Sick)
- Holiday Pay
- Life Insurance; LTD
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience as a Product Manager in the pharmaceutical or healthcare industry preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills, including the ability to influence decision makers to support product loyalty.
- Must have outstanding analytical skills for preparation of annual forecasting budget.
- Must have excellent excel skills including the ability to use pivot tables, perform averages, weighted averages, calculate profit margins, etc.
- Ability to analyze opportunities for Return on Investment and alignment to the overall direction of the company.
- Demonstrated success defining and launching excellent products.
- Willingness to travel up to 20% of the time.
- Excellent teamwork skills
A Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or similar field is required.
- Completion of an ASHP approved Residency is preferred in California or North Carolina.