San Diego, CA 92121
Are you ready to contribute to the fast-growing segment of the multi-billion dollar worldwide deployable computing market?
The Project Engineer will lead interdisciplinary engineering teams responsible for the design, development and release of ruggedized computing and display products. Successful candidates will rely on their management, interpersonal, and technical skillset to communicate project requirements, deadlines, and risks to the project team and to upper management to ensure quality products are delivered to our customers.
- Simultaneously manage multiple projects consisting of complete design cycles – specification review, CAD modeling, prototyping, fabrication, qualification, and product release. Ability to handle projects on a fast-paced timeline – usually under three months per project
- Coordinate teams consisting of interdisciplinary engineers and members to design and develop custom solutions. Will delegate, assign, mediate, and document processes and outputs from all departments of the company for a manufacturing release.
- Coordinate cross-departmental activities related to each project with Sales, Materials, Procurement and Manufacturing
- Conduct weekly project meetings and technical design reviews
- Document meetings via agendas, meeting minutes, tasks and action items
- Interface directly with customers through all phases of the project and lead customer-facing design reviews as required
- Plan and maintain detailed project schedules for tracking progress and reporting results to management. Will be called upon to generate forecasts and model impacts as required.
- Control project expenditures, mitigate risks, and make executive decisions under a variety of situations
- Effectively report and escalate project issues to Management Team
- Manage outside consultants and vendors as needed
- PCB layout designers, FPGA designers, machine shops, LCD bonding fabricators, etc.
- Support Sales department and management by reviewing specifications and estimating development cost and schedule for sales opportunities
- Interface with Sales, Customer Service, and Manufacturing to troubleshoot technical problems. Allocate technical personnel as required.
- Analyze, implement, and refine department-wide initiatives to streamline workflows and improve quality of outputs
- Facilitate departmental responses to external and internal information requests (ZSR)
- BS in Engineering
- PMI certification preferred.
- 5 years of Project Engineering experience
- Outstanding verbal and written English skills
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication capabilities
- Knowledge of Microsoft Project is a must
Competitive salary and benefits package, including medical, dental, vision and 401(k).