QA/Food Safety Administrator
Murrieta, CA 92563
The Food Safety/QA Administrator is responsible for overseeing the food safety and quality programs in specific production departments within the plant. This role has the overall accountability of ensuring the applicable food safety and quality programs are fully implemented and documented to ensure USDA regulatory compliance and the production of safe and wholesome products.
Some of the Job Duties:
- Controls and monitors product/customer specification and assist with customer requests and questionnaires as well as complaint records and file.
- Cover all food safety and quality responsibilities in the absence of the QA Manager/Supervisor.
- Coordinate, and monitor rework processes for conformance to standards.
- Monitor and assist QC Technicians performing in-process quality checks at the packaging lines as necessary.
- Assist QA Manager in maintaining department metrics.
- Maintain QA files for Lot control and in-process checks.
- Maintain vendor agreements.
- Responsible for updating online compliance portals.
- Assist the Sales department with PO’s, barcodes, and quality specifications.
- As part of our FS/QA team, conduct routine sanitation checks, ensuring that HAACP and USDA regulations are strictly enforced.
- Provide technical expertise to track product from start to finish and develop corrective actions when needed.
- Masters and applies all QA/FS policies and procedures in daily interactions with plant production and quality employees. Is accountable for the plant’s Food Safety and Quality System within specific production departments.
- Verify USDA Inspections/Export Reports and prepare Export reports.
- Maintain and ensure all certifications are up to date: Supplier (organic, GFSI, etc.), Food Safety, and all packing houses and DC’s are up to date.
- Associate degree preferred - 2+ years’ QA experience in a food or beverage environment will be considered in lieu of degree or combination of both.
- Intermediate computer skills: proficiency in MS Office Suite (Outlook, Word, and Excel).
- Familiarity and understanding of Critical Control Points (CCP’s), SOP’s, and Quality Standards.
- Detail oriented, excellent record keeping, and documentation skills.
- Responsible, reliable, and attentive to timelines.
- Internal Auditing experience
- Improvements and efficiencies knowledge
- Bilingual is a plus but not required
- Produce industry/Manufacturing experience needed
- HACCP/PCQI Certification preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
** Please send resume for consideration and call Liz Valdez @ 951-526-9402 ext. 411