Quality Control Manager
National City, CA 91950
JOB #: 69774-TJ
KEY WORDS: CMM, ISO9001, AS91
Our firm is a well-established and fast-growing small business. We are a precision machined parts manufacturer. We supply to the commercial and Aerospace Industries close tolerance aircraft grade parts.
We are seeking a hands-on Quality Control Manager with CMM experience to join and lead our Quality team. This is a Full-Time position.
The Quality Manager position requires a wide range of duties and skills and the successful candidate must have a balanced mix of people skills, internal auditing, ISO 9001 & AS9100 knowledge and hands on machined parts inspection experience, as well as good communication skills with the team and customers.
Quality Manager Job Duties include:
• Working closely and communicate effectively with the Production Manager to achieve product quality and production goals.
• Supervise a team of mechanical inspectors- mentor them; direct and train the QA staff in mechanical inspections techniques.
• Serve as customer Point of Contact for any product Quality issues or supplier audits and actively participate in customer source inspections or audits.
• Serve as Point of Contact for Customer Quality issues. Respond to Customer Corrective Action Requests. Conduct Root Cause Analysis and complete the Corrective Action Response.
• Manage and maintain the AS9100 and ISO Certifications and Company Quality Manuals and procedures.
• Perform Internal and Supplier Audits and maintain our supplier AVL.
• Participate in customer product source inspection of parts.
• Supervise the daily inspection function: in-process, first article AS9102 and final inspection of precision machined parts performed by the quality team staff.
• Supervises the maintenance of tool and gages calibration recall system and records.
• Participate in production meetings representing the QC Department; keeping the team updated with departmental staffing; work load and staffing plans.
• Conduct routine QC departmental meetings, training and mentoring; schedule work assignments and coordinate the QC department staffing.
• Print Creation with Solid Works software (and solids as necessary)
• Equipment / tool maintenance and repair
• Operate and program CMM’s (PC- DMIS)
• Inspect Parts
• Material Review Board Activities (MRB)
• Coordinate Quality Management Reviews
Salary Range and Bonus Potential: Base $80K - $90K + bonus
Benefits: robust benefits package
Excellent communications and leadership skills - speaking, writing, email is required.
• Able to schedule and direct a team, mentor, train, supervise and motivate.
• Must be fluent in English and able to communicate effectively. Bilingual in Spanish is helpful also.
• Minimum 5 years’ experience as a mechanical inspector
• Minimum 3 years’ experience in Quality Control Management
• Experience with maintaining AS9100 and ISO9001 quality systems, dealing with Registrars and Surveillance Audits.
• Experience in conducting Internal Audits and audits of subcontractors.
• Experience in conducting and responding to Root Cause and Corrective Actions
• Experience using inspection hand tools, such as mics, indicator, height gages, etc.
• CMM inspection experience
• Ability to read and interpret GD&T ANSI Y14.5 engineering drawings
• Shop math, trigonometry, knowledge required
• Computer skills, such as email use, MS Word, Excel creation, scanning, PDF file saving.
• US Citizenship required or equivalent for compliance with our US Government contracts.