Quality Control Manager
National City, CA 91902
Our firm is a well-established and fast-growing small business. We are a precision machined parts manufacturer. We supply to the commercial and Aerospace Industries close tolerance aircraft grade parts.
We are seeking a hands-on Quality Control Manager with CMM experience to join and lead our Quality team. This is a Full-Time position.
The Quality Manager position requires a wide range of duties and skills and the successful candidate must have a balanced mix of people skills, internal auditing, ISO 9001 & AS9100 knowledge and hands on machined parts inspection experience, as well as good communication skills with the team and customers.
Quality Manager Job Duties include:
- Working closely and communicate effectively with the Production Manager to achieve product quality and production goals.
- Supervise a team of mechanical inspectors- mentor them; direct and train the QA staff in mechanical inspections techniques.
- Serve as customer Point of Contact for any product Quality issues or supplier audits and actively participate in customer source inspections or audits
- Serve as Point of Contact for Customer Quality issues. Respond to Customer Corrective Action Requests. Conduct Root Cause Analysis and complete the Corrective Action Response
- Manage and maintain the AS9100 and ISO Certifications and Company Quality Manuals and procedures.
- Perform Internal and Supplier Audits and maintain our supplier AVL.
- Participate in customer product source inspection of parts.
- Supervise the daily inspection function: in-process, first article AS9102 and final inspection of precision machined parts performed by the quality team staff.
- Supervises the maintenance of tool and gages calibration recall system and records.
- Participate in production meetings representing the QC Department; keeping the team updated with departmental staffing; work load and staffing plans.
- Conduct routine QC departmental meetings, training and mentoring; schedule work assignments and coordinate the QC department staffing.
- Print Creation with Solid Works software (and solids as necessary)
- Equipment / tool maintenance and repair
- Operate and program CMM’s (PC- DMIS)
- Inspect Parts
- Material Review Board Activities (MRB)
- Coordinate Quality Management Reviews
Salary Range and Bonus Potential: Base $80,000 - $90,000 + bonus
Benefits: robust benefits package
- Excellent communications and leadership skills - speaking, writing, email is required.
- Able to schedule and direct a team, mentor, train, supervise and motivate.
- Must be fluent in English and able to communicate effectively. Bilingual in Spanish is helpful also.
- Minimum 5 years experience as a mechanical inspector
- Minimum 3 years experience in Quality Control Management
- Experience with maintaining AS9100 and ISO9001 quality systems, dealing with Registrars and Surveillance Audits.
- Experience in conducting Internal Audits and audits of subcontractors.
- Experience in conducting and responding to Root Cause and Corrective Actions
- Experience using inspection hand tools, such as mics, indicator, height gages, etc.
- CMM inspection experience
- Ability to read and interpret GD&T ANSI Y14.5 engineering drawings
- Shop math, trigonometry, knowledge required
- Computer skills, such as email use, MS Word, Excel creation, scanning, PDF file saving.
- US Citizenship required or equivalent for compliance with our US Government contracts.