RF & Commissioning Engineers – Las Vegas - DAS
The Lakes, NV 88901
Are you ready to join a collaborative autonomous work culture, where you won’t be pigeon-holed and are offered a growth path? Do you like travel? Our client offers just that. TriStaff is partnering with the premier solutions provider of turnkey DAS deployment. Join a team where leadership believes in investing in their talent and has a history of proven advancement and team loyalty. Multiple positions available.
This role will support Distributed Antenna System (DAS) for Cellular and Public Safety deployments and post- deployment activities by performing site walks, RF surveys, benchmarking, data collection, integration, commissioning, acceptance testing, optimization, troubleshooting and repair of Cellular and Public Safety DAS sites and hardware systems.
Some of the Job Duties for this role:
- Verify the cable and fiber sweeps by obtaining completed reports from the installation team, and/or direct performing testing and verification.
- Perform pre-deployment data collection, benchmarking and continuous wave (CW) testing.
- Perform and provide on-site technical expertise during integration, commissioning, CW testing and optimizing for Cellular and Public Safety DAS Systems.
- Respond to technical inquiries and make technical recommendations as appropriate
- Work with the customer’s technical subject-matter experts, carriers, sub-contractors, solution engineers, design engineers, and field technicians to deploy distributed antenna systems (DAS) for Cellular and Public Safety.
- Conduct Survey activities for new DAS Systems Utilizing specialized software and tools for Public Safety and Cellular System.
- Conduct pre- and post-deployment RF data collection and analysis efforts to help define and improve coverage requirements
- Provide recommendations and feedback regarding the design, equipment selection, test
and balance requirements, maintainability, and potential enhancements of the system.
- Ability to work with design engineers and other stakeholders to identify and correct system issues that surface during deployment and acceptance testing.
- Gather and complete all project documents to complete closeout packages
- Turn-up and test Public Safety DAS systems in accordance with City and County
regulations and equipment manufacturer’s specifications.
- Conduct post-deployment data collection and acceptance testing to ensure requirements were met for coverage and capacity.
- Troubleshoot and repair DAS for Public Safety and Cellular systems as required
- Prepare and submit required project documentation
- Provide service development input.
- Provide estimations of hours and effort required to complete assigned tasks or scope projects
- Travel to customer and strategic partner sites on a frequent basis (>50%)
- Conduct pre-install and pre-construction surveys for DAS / Small Cell projects
Job Requirements and Qualifications Needed:
- BS in Engineering degree or equivalent experience. Focus on RF Communications and cellular technologies preferred.
- A minimum of 2 OEMs Valid Certifications in DAS commissioning for various OEMs.
- A minimum of 5 years of related experience in the telecommunications industry
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in DAS deployment, integration and commissioning.
- DAS OEM certification desired (e.g. Corning MA, Corning ONE, COMBA, SOLiD, CommScope, ADRF, Zinwave, Nextivity etc.)
- DAS Test Equipment certification desired (JDSU, PIM, Anritsu etc.)
- Cable Vendor certifications preferred (Andrew, CommScope, Trilogy)
- Maintain a valid driver's license with a great driving record that does not affect company insurance policy.
- OSHA-10 or OSHA-30 certification is Required
- Preferred to have a Public Safety Benchmarking Certificate such as (PCtell P-25)
- Excellent time management and self-organization skills
- Strong working knowledge of various wireless technologies, (e.g. CDMA, EVDO, GSM, W-CDMA, LTE, and Wi-Fi)
- Advanced working understanding of RF propagation
- Advanced working knowledge of RF test equipment (Signal Generators, Spectrum
- Analyzers, such as JDSU, Anritsu etc.)
- Advanced working knowledge of structured cabling (COAX and CAT CABLES etc.)
- Advanced knowledge of Public Safety DAS systems
- Strong ability to read and interpret technical drawings
- Strong ability to read and interpret RF designs
- Proficient in installation, termination, and testing of fiber systems and low voltage cabling systems
- Excellent computer skills, including a high level of proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, Map Info, VISIO
- Strong focus on continuous process improvement; ability to develop and improve processes.
- Strong ability to build and maintain a high level of productivity
- Strong ability to provide RF technical recommendations.
- Excellent understanding of end-user applications related to RF for Cellular and Public Safety.
- A high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate information and ideas clearly and concisely, in writing and verbally.
- Ability to investigate and solve complex problems
- Ability to effectively conduct technical presentations to customers at all levels.
- Ability to travel frequently.
- This role requires indoor/outdoor work, in various environments.
- Must be able to lift and carry the weight of up to 50lbs.
- Ability to do Frequent travel including same-day travel, overnight stays or longer as required.
- Willing to work days/nights/weekends depending on project demands.
- Willing to Work in construction sites and perform a high-quality level of Engineering work.