Relationship Manager- Los Angeles
Gardena, CA 90247
HOOK: Do you like Business Development? The thrill of the “hunt”? Do you like building new Banking relationships? If so, then maybe this position is a “fit” for you! A growing Regional Ban in Gardena, CA is seeking a Relationship Manager to join their Commercial Banking Division.
This position is responsible for sourcing opportunities, negotiating and issuing term sheets, gathering appropriate information; perform analysis, due diligence, and underwriting of proposed loan requests. Review initial borrower submissions, perform analysis of information submitted, and prepare a written credit presentation of loan request.
- Establishing new relationships and fostering existing relationships
- Analyze commercial lending opportunities, including working capital lines of credit and term loans to business, plus owner-occupied real estate loans.
- Combine this analysis with a detailed analysis of a borrower(s) and guarantor(s) balance sheets and cash flow to determine the bank’s interest in providing a credit facility for the designated purpose
- Gather any additional information required to make an initial decision on the credit requested, or to prepare a credit display once the decision to proceed is made
- Prepare investment analysis and credit package for review by department manager and credit administrators
- On an ongoing basis, continue the analysis detailed above to maintain a working knowledge of the ability and desire of the borrower(s) and guarantor(s) to maintain the loan and the collateral in a manner which will increase or maintain the value of the collateral, and achieve payment in full of the loan provided
- Spread and analyze financial statements and tax returns for individuals, businesses, and all other types of entities existing as borrowers and guarantors
- Manage financial ticklers
- Work with loan administrators and legal counsel to provide information as necessary to process and close credit facilities
- Stay abreast of market trends and develop/maintain a network of referral sources
- Perform other duties as assigned
Salary Range and Bonus Potential: $120k-$140k plus bonus potential.
- Comprehensive Benefit Package
- Minimum of 4-7 years of experience in commercial lending, including valuation and asset management, and financial analysis
- A general knowledge of appropriate loan documentation, collateral analysis and financial statements
- C. proficient with emphasis on spreadsheets (Word, Excel, Moodys)
- Excellent composing and writing skills
- Above-average interpersonal skills; ability to communicate verbally with a wide range of people
- Positive attitude and willingness to work
- Responsiveness, judgment, maturity, integrity, and time management skills are required.
- A. Degree in finance or related field and/or related work experience