SUPERINTENDENT - MULTIFAMILY CONSTRUCTION
Oakland, CA | Direct Hire
Summary of Position:
Assist the Project Manager by overseeing the construction process. Coordinate material deliveries and subcontractor work assigned by the Project Manager.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for quality control and inspection approval from the municipal court and/or governing authorities.
- Performs daily inspection of community and prepares two-week schedule for subcontractors/suppliers.
- Prepares progress reports for Project Manager.
- Leads efforts to promote safety on projects and monitors subcontractor’s work in complying with the Company’s safety program.
- Conducts weekly safety meetings.
- Responsible for correction on any deficient workmanship and sub-standard work.
- Manages the workload of the field Associates at the community to achieve the desired results.
- Mentors and trains construction associates in the policies, procedures, systems and technical construction means and methods used by the Company.
- Participates in hiring process.
- Maintains the construction documents (lot files, trade associate files and plan rack) at the job site so that all pertinent information is readily available.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- High School Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management or related field is preferred.
- Minimum of 1 year supervisory experience is required.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in multi-family construction is required.
- 4 - 6 years prior related work experience.
- Knowledge of construction management theory and practice.
- Must have thorough knowledge of multifamily trades, ability to analyze construction documents, and ability to read blueprints.
- Knowledge of construction building codes and building methods.
- Knowledge of PC and of construction and business software, including scheduling, estimating, spreadsheets and word processing.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have the ability to operate an automobile. Must have a valid state approved driver’s license. Must be able to furnish a vehicle for use during the workday.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, ability to take initiative, use good judgment, demonstrate a strong sense of urgency and follow-up and carry multiple projects through to completion.
- Proficient with construction related tools such as tape measure, construction level, calculator, and etc.
This is a position which requires the Superintendent to frequently walk, stand, and climb stairs in/around construction sites, apartment homes, models and properties. Must maintain professional appearance and be able to work in a construction environment in all weather conditions (rain, snow, heat, hail, wind, sleet), around hazardous chemicals, dust, dirt, and other particulates. Must also have the ability to operate an automobile, read large quantities of information, operate computer equipment, speak, hear, bend, stoop, reach, lift, move and carry up to 100 lbs. independently. Finger dexterity is necessary.
- Arrive to work on time.
- Ability to work evenings and/or weekends.
- Follow directions from a supervisor.
- Interact will with co-workers.
- Understand and follow posted work rules and procedures.
- Accept constructive criticism.
This description outlines the basic responsibilities and requirements for the position noted. This is not a comprehensive listing of all job duties of the Associates. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.