SUPPLY CHAIN DEMAND PLANNER
Murrieta, CA 92563 | Temporary to Permanent
JOB #: 18072002-TEM
KEY WORDS: supply chain demand planner, demand planner
JOB DESCRIPTION: SUPPLY CHAIN DEMAND PLANNER – Bilingual English/Spanish
This position is responsible for all forecasting activities associated with customers and products. The Demand Planner creates and maintains forecast models for their customers, incorporating business intelligence and forecast information gathered from sales, marketing, finance, retailer replenishment analysts, and other sources. The Demand Planner is the integration point into the sales and commercial organization. Basic forecast modeling is the responsibility of this position. This position leads the dialogue each month for their respective customers and products with key counterparts in Sales and Marketing.
Interested candidates please respond to this posting and submit your resume to email@example.com, and call Liz @ 888-513-9413 ext. 411. I look forward to hearing from you!
• Create statistical forecasts:
- Gather, analyze and validate data
- Apply error analysis techniques to improve forecasting
- Summarize/aggregate statistical forecasts
• Review sales plans , customer finance Budget Updates or Latest Estimates and demand drivers:
- Present, solicit, and assess feedback on the various forecasts from sales, and finance
- Recommend adjustments for operational forecasts
- Review promotional plans with sales
• Achieve consensus for operational demand forecasts by facilitating a collaborative planning process with sales, marketing and finance personnel:
- Prepare relevant material to facilitate research and discussion
• Provide input to volume planning ( Latest Estimates / annual process)
- Facilitate and manage demand planning/customer meetings
- Achieve consensus with the business side and the demand chain
• Maintain demand planning system and software
- Enter and modify data and ensure the correctness of product hierarchy
- Monitor trends in forecast error
- Identify relevant market-related data and competitive intelligence
• Prepare and maintain relevant reports pertaining to demand planning process
• 3+ years' experience in supply chain/demand planning
• APICS or other forecasting Certification preferred
• Demonstrated proficiency in statistics, forecasting and forecasting methods with an understanding of their financial and operational impacts.
• Knowledge of SAP/APO, or Oracle Demand Planning or other software related to demand planning is preferred.
• Experienced with Outlook, Microsoft Office Windows, and Excel.
• This position requires strong analytical, organizational, decision making, and presentation skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills are also essential to effectively interact with all teams, areas and levels of business affecting the forecast process. Good facilitation skills are required.
$60K+ annually DOE
• Logistics and inventory management experience a plus
• Working knowledge of planning, forecasting and inventory management within the fast paced environment of produce or related field/industry.
• Strong communication written and oral as well as leadership skills required.
• Ripening knowledge preferred
• Must be able to prioritize tasks, meet deadlines and complete projects in a timely manner
• Excellent organizational skills and follow through; Ability to multi-task
• Strong computer skills, with Microsoft Word and Excel required
• Strong analytical skills and decision making capability
• High level of experience with perishable goods preferred
• Must be comfortable with changing deadlines and shifting priorities
• Highly organized with special attention to detail
• Must be willing to work flexible schedules; able to work Saturdays and Sundays
• BA/BS college degree or its equivalent of education + experience. MBA preferred.
FOR OTHER OPPORTUNITIES AND TO REGISTER WITH TRISTAFF, PLEASE CALL TRISTAFF AT 888-513-9413 ext. 411.