Senior Data Scientist – Machine Learning, Predictive Analytics Platform
San Diego, CA 92122
JOB #: 19020501 - P
One of San Diego’s fastest growing companies with over $40M in funding from top Venture Capital companies is looking to hire a key Senior Data Scientist for their team! They have been growing 100% YoY and are continuing to build out their innovative platform at the cross section of Social Good, FinTech, and eCommerce.
You’ll be a valued partner with an organization that leverages big data to optimize products and processes, enhance decision making, and ultimately improve the bottom line as well as the lives of their customers.
This is an awesome opportunity to join a team of top Data Scientists in a collaborative environment with a transparent, engaged and proven Executive Team who have multiple startup successes in their careers.
• Help shape the data science strategy and direction of the company and an industry creating innovative technology.
• Solve algorithmic problems through research, experiments, development, and see through deployment of these solutions into a real-world environment.
• Given large, difficult computational problems, design and implement a clean, efficient, and robust solution.
• Partner with Product, Engineering, Scientists, and Operations teams to solve problems and identify opportunities.
• Select features, build, and optimize classifiers using machine learning techniques
• Extend company’s data with third party sources of information when needed
• Enhance data collection procedures to include information that is relevant for building analytic systems
• Process, cleanse, and validate the integrity of data used for analysis
• Perform ad-hoc analysis and presenting results in a clear manner
• Create automated anomaly detection systems and constant tracking of its performance
To apply, CONTACT: Kanani Breckenridge (formerly Kanani Masterson) firstname.lastname@example.org; Connect with me on LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/kananimasterson
Salary Range and Bonus Potential: $120,000 to $160,000
• Comprehensive medical benefits including dental, vision, STD/LTD, Life Insurance
• Pre-IPO Equity
• Matching 401K
• Flexible spending account (FSA)
• Generous PTO and flexible work hours
• Must have 5+ years of professional experience as a Data Scientist in a technology based organization.
• Experience developing algorithms with one or more of the following: predictive analytics, decision trees, recommendation engines, convolutional neural networks (CNN), regression, classification, and/or clustering
• Must have 5+ years using Linux, Python, and/or R
• Must have willingness to jump in and help other team members in a startup-like environment
• Exercises sound judgment and discipline, avoids over-engineering solutions
• Positive, 'can do' attitude with a focus on the success of the team over individual successes
• Applies ingenuity and determination in finding the best possible options to support business needs
• Must be an effective communicator, presenting facts not feelings and balancing business goals with engineering goals
• Takes ownership of outstanding issues, is accountable, and establishes a high level of credibility with others in the organization
• Respects other people's opinions and suggestions and works to create an 'environment of trust'
• Required Education: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, or related field, or equivalent experience;
• Preferred Education: Advanced degree in a quantitative field such as Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mathematics, Physics a plus
FOR OTHER OPPORTUNITIES AND TO REGISTER WITH TRISTAFF, PLEASE VISIT OUR WEBSITE AT www.tristaff.com