Senior DevOps Engineer – AWS, Growing Technology Leader
San Diego, CA 92122
JOB #: 18091104 - P
Industry Leader developing enterprise-scale Software Solutions is hiring a Senior DevOps / Cloud Engineer in San Diego, CA. If you would love a chance to work on some of the world’s largest datasets, and have a direct impact on their technology capabilities, this is ideal for you! You will utilize your solid background with systems administration and programming to continually scale their AWS based Cloud Infrastructure.
The Senior DevOps Engineer is a critical addition, as this is a small engineering team with a startup-like feel. Thus, you will contribute to a range of areas within the organization to improve the functions for enabling rapid product development, deployments, and maintenance in an Agile environment.
To apply: Contact Kanani Masterson, firstname.lastname@example.org, for consideration. This is a fulltime and on-site role based in San Diego, CA. Relocation expenses will be paid by employer. Must currently be able to work in the United States.
• Develop and implement plans, policies, and procedures related to automated software deployment processes. Establish measures to determine if organizational objectives, such as customer responsiveness, application performance, and deployment release schedules, are being met.
• Collaborate cross-functionally to prioritize organizational needs and ensure effective communication between the development and operations teams.
• Interface with product architects to implement the network vision. Design, oversee, control, and optimize cloud operational processes.
• Support the definition of SLAs, KPIs, and forecasting.
• Run a reliable production cloud with limited staff.
• Anticipate and solve performance issues early to improve service excellence.
• Monitor and forecast resource consumption to optimize capacity management.
• Improve efficiency and minimize the risk of disruption, meeting quality of service goals.
• Ensure that cloud operations are meeting compliance requirements.
• Reduce the cost of delivering cloud services and justify future investments.
• Maximize visibility of the cloud environment internally, giving the organization the intelligence required to control resources and provide products/services confidently and cost-effectively.
Salary Range and Bonus Potential:
$120-160K base range + bonus
• Excellent health, vision, dental benefits
• Generous PTO and sick time
• Casual and social atmosphere
• Matching 401K
• Dog Friendly!
• Ongoing Education & Conference Allowance
• Minimum of 3 years of experience with DevOps (development/operations engineering) or other Agile/Lean operations models.
• Minimum of 3 years of direct experience designing, documenting, implementing, and managing distributed/remote systems
• Expertise with high-availability systems and network administration providing enterprise-wide service
• Demonstrated expertise in a diverse set of cloud technologies, which could include (but NOT ALL required):
Public and hybrid cloud providers (AWS, Azure, Google, OpenStack)
Metrics and performance monitoring tools such as CopperEgg, Kaseya, Monitis, Opsview, Cloudwatch, etc.
Report generation and BI visualization tools experience, such as Tableau, RockDaisy, or Sisense
Apache, NGINX, node.js, Passenger, Ruby-on-Rails, and RESTful web services
Cloud security including PKI services and SSH key management
Load Balancing (e.g., NGINX), Availability Zones, CDNs, and high-availability DNS
Scripting skills in Python, Perl, Ruby, or similar tools
• Experience planning and executing infrastructure deployment projects, particularly those demanding minimal impact to service levels
• Experience with Cloud Service Provider and Managed Service Provider management of SLA’s, personnel, contracts and day to day operations
• Experience with Incident-, Problem-, Change-, Release, and Configuration-Management
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, with demonstrated critical thinking and problem solving abilities
• Strong organization and time management skills; willing to work after-hours or on weekends when required
• Network Operations Certifications (CCNA, CCNP, MCSE, etc.)
• Experience with DevOps methodologies and automation tools such as Docker, Puppet, Chef, Ansible, and Salt Terraform and Jenkins
• Certified Info Systems Security CISSP and or AWS Certs highly desirable
Educational Requirements: Bachelor’s degree preferred.
FOR OTHER OPPORTUNITIES AND TO REGISTER WITH TRISTAFF, PLEASE VISIT OUR WEBSITE AT www.tristaff.com