Senior Firmware Engineer – Complex Instrumentation Systems
San Diego, CA 92122
JOB #: 19012901 - P
Stable and Innovative Technology Company in San Diego is building out their Embedded Engineering team! You’ll work on creating new systems based on brand new patents and will get to see them through to major commercial launch.
If you want to use your deep expertise in designing and developing commercial-scale embedded systems that will be used to improve the world by reducing carbon emissions and energy consumption, this is the ideal role for you!
You will work on a small team of bright engineers (hardware, mechanical and electrical) to create highly reliable, high-performance electronic instrument control systems for thermal, laser, electronic and other commercial testing systems.
If you’re eager to bring your talent and dedication to a successful team and make a positive impact on the world, send your resume for review today!
• Design and develop feature-rich embedded applications for next-generation testing, power controls, and instruments
• Provide creative, practical and consistent technical solutions.
• Exercise judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
• Create user documentation
To apply, send your resume for confidential review to Kanani Masterson (email@example.com). This is a fulltime position based in San Diego, CA. Must be able to work in the United States and start a new position within reasonable time period (2-4 weeks from an offer). Locally based or currently relocating candidates preferred.
• Must have 5+ years of demonstrated experience developing commercial, best-in-class embedded firmware
• Expertise in hardware and/or electrical engineering design and development
• Thorough understanding of technical standards, principles, theories and techniques with the ability to apply these to a broad set of applications
• Experience developing interrupt driven applications
• Understanding of electronic circuits and systems
• Current programming experience with C and/or C++
• Ideal Personality Traits: detail oriented, highly motivated, have a positive attitude, excellent written and verbal communication skills, startup mentality, and no ego.
• Electronic instrument control design and development
• Understanding of SCPI command protocols
• TI C2000 DSP with code composer studio
• Rabbit microprocessor with Dynamic C
• BS degree in Engineering related discipline - Electrical or Computer engineering preferred. MS degree preferred.
Salary Range and Bonus Potential:
$110,000 to $140,000 DOE
• Performance bonus
• Great work/life balance and 9/80 work schedule, with every other Friday off
• Comprehensive health benefits
• Performance bonuses
• Collaborative, casual, and high-energy work environment.
FOR OTHER OPPORTUNITIES AND TO REGISTER WITH TRISTAFF, PLEASE VISIT OUR WEBSITE AT www.tristaff.com
KEYWORDS: Staff embedded engineer, principal, principle, lead embedded software, senior firmware engineer, firmware, embedded engineer, embedded software engineer, electrical engineer, hardware, testing, laser, SCPI, DSP, microprocessor, dynamic c, devices, instrumentation, LED, chipsets, TI, rabbit