Senior Java Platform Engineer
Mountain View, CA | Direct Hire
JOB #: 18013101-SDIT
JOB DESCRIPTION: The core personalization team is dedicated to drive our client to become the industry’s first systems of intelligence driven health benefits navigation platform. We are the forefront of tackling some of key health care challenges in understanding users health and push relevant and ranked recommendations to the user to make a behavior change that impacts them positively in managing both their health and their health related finances. The team is responsible for building the full stack personalization engine that handles large volumes of data and algorithms that power the relevance and recommendations to be presented to user in milliseconds. As a key member of the team you will be responsible for developing many of the features that become part of this impactful platform.
Salary Range and Bonus Potential:
$ 130K to $170K plus Bonus and Equity
• 401K program plus matching
• 100% Medical, Dental and Vision for employee and vast majority for dependents
• 100% Life and Disability coverage
• 11 paid Holidays with Flexible Time Off plan
• FSA’s (Flexible Spending Accounts)
• Well stocked kitchens
• Health club discounts
• 7 years of professional software engineering experience
• Expertise with standard server-side software technologies, including: Java, MySQL, Spring, Spring Boot, Spring batch, Hibernate, etc.
• Experience with REST and API design and microservices architecture.
• Experience with AWS Cloud Computing infrastructure and APIs is a big plus.
• Deployment of scalable web systems with architectural requirements for high availability, high throughput, low response time, etc.
• Experience in Object Oriented Analysis and Design (OOA/OOD) with appropriate use of design patterns.
• Strong knowledge of key data structures and algorithms.
• Strong understanding of SQL and Database performance.
• Experience with docker and kubernetes a big plus.
• Experience with message brokers such as RabbitMQ and streaming platforms like Apache Kafka a big plus.
• Desire to grow professionally with a small, focused, development team in a fast-paced team.
• Excellent communication and problem solving skills.
• Bachelor's degree or higher, in Computer Science or related field.