Senior/Lead UX Designer – Web, Mobile User Experience; Social Good Products
San Diego, CA 92122 | Direct Hire
JOB #: 18022301 - P
ABOUT THE COMPANY: San Diego based Technology Company with over 12 years in business, that is stable, very profitable, and fast growing. They are developing cutting edge software and mobile applications for use on a range of devices that improve the health, wellness, and safety of their customers.
What‘s Special About This Job?
Focus on true User Experience Design: If you value being able to “get back to your roots” and have the time and leeway to truly go through usability testing, research, and not feel rushed to “just produce something” this is the place! The company culture highly values the UX/Digital Design team as a core part of the company’s success.
Variety: This role will work on a range of products and interface types, including website design, web interfaces, multiple mobile apps, and internal tools.
Social Good: Their products also improve the lives of their customers and provide the ability to improve their health, safety, and connectivity with family and friends. This is an opportunity to have a true and meaningful impact, not just design a pretty package to sell stuff.
Leadership: This critical hire will be able to build a team around him/her and have opportunity to move into a leadership role. The UX/UI Department works closely with almost all internal groups, including Software Development, Sales, Operations, and Customer Service to provide professional design and development services for their customers as well as the company.
ABOUT THE JOB
The Senior UX Designer will be responsible for designing user journeys and interfaces for their customers’ specific needs. Understanding their demographic and associated capabilities is central to the success of this position. The Senior UX Designer will design user flows, wireframes, user interfaces and interactive prototypes for, mobile apps, web pages and other internal software. He or she will work closely with Product, Brand and Marketing Managers as well as Software Developers.
This person will have an extraordinary eye for detail and structure as well as impeccable visual design and communication skills. The ideal candidate will shepherd a design from concept and definition through design revisions, usability testing and final approvals. The Sr. UX Designer will conceive, design and deliver high quality User Flow documents, Wireframes, Screen Flows and Visual Designs to the developers as well as create platform specific graphics for use on various properties.
This person will be responsible for quality checking their designs once they have been developed for accuracy, and work closely with the developers to make sure the design is executed with quality and usability in mind. The Sr. UX Designer will present and defend their designs to a wide group of stakeholders and will proactively seek out feedback and manage expectations with the different product groups.
• Interface and collaborate with key stakeholders and other team members, including front end developers, experience designers, production and analyst managers as well as product and brand managers to create a variety of designs for different platforms
• Present your own work to internal and external business partners including articulating design concepts and pitching ideas
• Continuously research and understand their specific customers’ needs, usage patterns, and state of mind while using technology and design around it.
• Collaborate and drive new ideas engineering teams to create innovative experiences that meet strategic objectives for their website, mobile apps, and mobile device products
• Contribute to the development of the creative culture, quality standards and design processes
• Manage hand-off from creative agency and final execution of projects that can be more efficiently finished internally
• Produce web/app ready creative assets for developers to incorporate into websites or mobile applications
• Develop visual solutions for various communications, including presenting options and rationale for design recommendations
• Interpret feedback from project stakeholders and translate into design revisions that solve their needs
To apply, send your resume AND portfolio to Kanani Masterson (firstname.lastname@example.org). This is a fulltime position based in San Diego, CA. Local candidates only, please. *Not working with design firms or other agencies.*
Salary Range and Bonus Potential:
$100,000 to $ 115,000
• Comprehensive health and wellness benefits
• Matching 401K
• Life Insurance, Disability, FSA, EAP, Dental, Vision coverage
• Onsite exercise, wellness, and other great employee perks i.e.: Employee recognition program, extra PTO day of your choice, financial planning assistance, discounts on tickets/movies, etc.)
• Must have minimum of 5 years’ experience with user experience design / user interface design in professional setting. Ideally for consumer web and/or mobile products.
• Must have passion for creating simple, easy to use and clean design
• Expertise with wire framing, usability testing, user flows and prototyping required
• Must have compelling online portfolio demonstrating strong abilities in visual and UX design. These include: fundamental design, layout, color theory, and typography aesthetics
• Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite software, and other key design tools
• Minimum 8 years on the job design experience, with at least 5 years of hands-on UX design experience at an advanced level required
• Experience working in small design teams as lead designer as well as working directly with front end developers required
• Experience managing a design project from start to finish required
• Interest in or experience with project management experience preferred
• A comprehensive understanding of modern UX/UI trends and patterns as well as the ability to execute designs with this understanding required
• Aptitude for learning and applying new and evolving technology as it relates to design software and the web development environment
• Understanding of brand strategy and communication.
• Bachelor’s degree in Cognitive Science, Visual Design, or related is preferred.
FOR OTHER OPPORTUNITIES AND TO REGISTER WITH TRISTAFF, PLEASE VISIT OUR WEBSITE AT www.tristaff.com
KEYWORDS: UX, UI, user experience, senior ux designer, senior user experience designer, lead ux designer, Wireframing, usability, cognitive science, machine learning, visual design, web design, mobile applications, mobile app design, UX/UI