Senior Software Developer in Test - Medical Devices, Automation
San Diego, CA 92122
JOB #: 18092001 - P
Do you want to feel good about creating cutting edge medical technology that improves people’s lives? Do you want to find a position will make you want to jump out of bed in the morning and feel excited to get to work every day? Then this is the ideal opportunity for you!
Our client is a Global Leader in Consumer Medical Devices and Software Applications that is a pioneer in what’s possible in the mobile space. Their products address one of the most serious and prevalent health issues in the world that affects people of all ages and backgrounds.
To continue to improve their devices and technology, they are looking for a Senior Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET / SDIT) to work on their mobile applications and SDK products.
As a Sr Software Engineer in Test, you will work closely with the Software Development team to test and improve the code for the company’s mobile and web-based applications. As a key member of a self-organizing agile team, you’ll work on a range of software test projects, as well as help to drive productivity via process improvement.
You’ll also create software verification plans, test protocols, and software risk analyses, for software used in their consumer-focused medical devices and software products. You’ll analyze failures and bugs and collaborate with Software Engineers to ensure root cause is investigated, and will also work on testing mobile functionality.
If you are interested in getting into a very stable, fast-growing company in the medical industry, this is an ideal opportunity as they do not require prior medical device experience! Additionally, their space within the medical device industry is consistently able to thrive through economic downturns, because of the essential nature of their products!
To apply, send your resume for confidential review to Kanani Masterson (email@example.com). This is a fulltime position based in San Diego, CA.
• Develop high-quality test cases to automate the testing of software components
• Primarily setup the foundation of test automation framework and scripting of Test Automation and Test Plugins such as Calabash or Appium
• Own the setup and as well as the execution of tests, collaborating with build engineer and developers across iOS and Android
• Collaborate with their developers and product owners to write and improve acceptance criteria
• Translates user-based stories and acceptance criteria into test automation
• Follow internal software development procedure that complies with medical regulations
• Facilitate the development of a reference (test) app in XCode or Android Studio
• Minimum of 5 years of related experience working in a testing group as a software engineer.
• Minimum of 4 years of programming experience with languages like Java or C#
• Experience in implementing automation frameworks from scratch, with a strong focus on the automation of CI Builds
• Experience with testing reusable frameworks
• Experience with Appium or NUnit or similar highly preferred
• Knowledge of Android and/or iOS devices, including debugging, installation, and configuration is a plus but NOT required.
• Software development of Mobile Apps or test experience in medical device industry is a plus.
• Experience with agile concepts and development e.g. Scrum, Kanban, TDD, BDD
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline preferred.
Salary & Bonus Potential:
$110,000 to $140,000 per year
• Great work/life balance
• Comprehensive health benefits, life, dental, vision, etc.
• Performance bonuses
• RSU's awarded upon hire and during employment
• Matching 401K
Keywords: SDET, SDIT, Software Engineer, Automation, Appium, medical, hospital, wireless, mobile apps, iOS, Android, Software Developer in Test, Staff Software Engineer, Quality Assurance, Scripting, Python, Java, agile
FOR OTHER OPPORTUNITIES AND TO REGISTER WITH TRISTAFF, PLEASE VISIT OUR WEBSITE AT www.tristaff.com