Senior Software Engineer – C/C++ Networking, Remote (in San Diego), Client Facing
San Diego, CA 22434
Established and recognized pioneer in creating leading-edge parallel processing technologies to enhance for network performance is hiring a new Senior Software Services Engineer. Your goal will be to continue and build upon their reputation for providing outstanding service to their customers while also developing the latest real-time, large-scale network simulation technology.
You’ll work with primarily defense contractors and government agencies, who use their software to design, analyze, and deploy network centric systems, mobile broadband networks, sensor networks, and car-to-car communication systems. This multifaceted role involves 70% coding, developing and running network simulation scenarios, and 30% providing on-site customer support, debugging, and reporting issues to the other engineers and leaders.
You’ll join a very bright, experienced engineering team who have a wealth of expertise across multiple industries and technologies, including wireless, satellite, cellular, wired, and mobile ad hoc networks. This is a very intellectual and curious engineering team with very long tenure due to the exciting work and company culture. They are highly profitable and on a major growth trajectory that you will be an integral part of if you join their team.
If you’re an experienced Senior Software Engineer who comes from network engineering and enjoys being hands on with C/C++ but also likes interacting with customers, we want to hear from you!
To apply, send your resume for confidential review to Kanani (Masterson) Breckenridge (email@example.com). US Citizenship and ability to acquire Secret Clearance or higher is required. This is a fulltime position working remotely from your residence in San Diego, CA.
Key Job Responsibilities:
• Design network simulation scenarios to analyze the best case and worst-case performance of wired and wireless networks using high-performance, multi-core, and clustered computers
• Develop, test, and evaluate network scenarios that integrate and interoperate EXata-based software virtual networks (SVN) with real hardware (VoIP phones, routers, and other customer equipment)
• Debug and troubleshoot software issues arising at customer sites
• Provide network analysis and insight
• Document and communicate issues, risks, and concerns to stakeholders, developers, and sponsors
• Travel to local customers will be required up to 25% of the time to local customers and their HQ in Los Angeles, CA.
• Excellent health benefits
• Additional Coverage: LTD, STD, HAS, FSA, Dental, Vision
• Matching 401K
• Flexible work hours and relaxed culture
• 3 weeks of PTO, 5 days of sick time, and 10 paid holidays
• Must have 7+ years of professional work experience with C/C++
• Ideal background would include other object-oriented programming languages such as Java and Python
• Must have 5+ years of experience with Linux OS and shell terminal
• Must have 5+ years of experience with TCP/IP protocol stack and OSI network model
• Experience with build, compilation, and debugging tools (cmake, gcc, gdb)
• Experience working remotely a plus, interest in working from home/remote required.
• Familiarity with SQL and scripting languages (bash or python preferred)
• Experience with Cisco IOS preferred.
• Strong self-motivation, natural curiosity, people skills, and communication skills required.
• US Citizen and able to qualify for Active DoD Secret Clearance or higher
• Bachelor’s degree required, ideally in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Information Systems, or related. Graduate degrees highly preferred.
FOR OTHER OPPORTUNITIES AND TO REGISTER WITH TRISTAFF, PLEASE VISIT OUR WEBSITE AT www.tristaff.com
KEYWORDS: software engineer, senior software engineer, staff software engineer, principal software engineer, lead, software developer, professional services, applications engineer, C/C++, C++ C, networking, protocols, TCP/IP, simulation, network engineer, systems engineer, systems administrator, Cisco, Linux, defense, DoD, government, high performance systems, HPC, parallel processing, security, penetration testing, cyber security, packets, electrical engineer, debugging, remote