Senior Software Engineer C++ Real-Time Networking Solutions, Telecommute
San Diego, CA 92122
JOB #: 19030801 - P
Our client is an established and recognized industry pioneer creating leading-edge parallel processing technologies to enhance for network performance. They are hiring a new Senior Software Services Engineer who will work from their home as their first hire San Diego. This is a client facing role that's 70% coding, developing and running network simulation scenarios, and 30% providing on-site with local customers to troubleshoot issues and report them to the other engineers and leaders.
This is a high-visibility position as you’ll be the face of the company to their customers, while concurrently developing their real-time, large-scale network simulation applications.
You’ll work with primarily defense contractors and government agencies, who use their software to design, analyze, and deploy network centric systems, mobile broadband networks, sensor networks, and car-to-car communication systems.
This is a very intellectual and curious engineering team with very long tenure due to the exciting work and company culture. They are highly profitable and on a major growth trajectory that you will be an integral part of if you join their team.
If you’re a Senior Software Engineer who enjoys working with customers and the flexibility that comes from working from home, please apply today!
To Apply: send your resume for confidential review to Kanani (Masterson) Breckenridge (email@example.com). US Citizenship required and ability to acquire Secret Clearance or higher. This is a fulltime position working remotely from your residence in San Diego, CA.
Key Job Responsibilities:
• Design network simulation scenarios to analyze the best case and worst-case performance of wired and wireless networks using high-performance, multi-core, and clustered computers
• Develop, test, and evaluate network scenarios that integrate and interoperate EXata-based software virtual networks (SVN) with real hardware (VoIP phones, routers, and other customer equipment)
• Debug and troubleshoot software issues arising at customer sites
• Provide network analysis and insight
• Document and communicate issues, risks, and concerns to stakeholders, developers, and sponsors
• Travel to local customers will be required up to 25% of the time to local customers and their HQ in Southern California.
• Must have 7+ years of professional work experience with C/C++
• Ideal background would include other object-oriented programming languages such as Java and Python
• Must have 5+ years of experience with Linux OS and shell terminal
• Must have 5+ years of experience with TCP/IP protocol stack and OSI network model
• Experience with build, compilation, and debugging tools (cmake, gcc, gdb)
• Experience working remotely a plus, interest in working from home/remote required.
• Familiarity with SQL and scripting languages (bash or python preferred)
• Experience with Cisco IOS preferred.
• Strong self-motivation, natural curiosity, people skills, and communication skills required.
• US Citizen and able to qualify for Active DoD Secret Clearance or higher
• Educational Requirements: Bachelor’s degree required, ideally in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Information Systems, or related. Graduate degrees highly preferred.
Salary Range and Bonus Potential:
$ 100K to $135K base + up to 12% bonus
• Excellent health benefits
• Additional Coverage: LTD, STD, HAS, FSA, Dental, Vision
• Matching 401K
• Flexible work hours and relaxed culture
• 3 weeks of PTO, 5 days of sick time, and 10 paid holidays
• Bachelor’s degree required, ideally in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Information Systems, or related. Graduate degrees highly preferred.
FOR OTHER OPPORTUNITIES AND TO REGISTER WITH TRISTAFF, PLEASE VISIT OUR WEBSITE AT www.tristaff.com Y
KEYWORDS: software engineer, senior software engineer, staff software engineer, principal software engineer, lead, software developer, professional services, applications engineer, C/C++, C++ C, networking, protocols, TCP/IP, simulation, network engineer, systems engineer, systems administrator, Cisco, Linux, defense, DoD, government, high performance systems, HPC, parallel processing, security, penetration testing, cyber security, packets, electrical engineer, debugging, remote