Senior UX Designer – Web and Mobile Apps/Devices, Consumer Health Leader
San Diego, CA 92122
JOB #: 19020101 - P
Stable and Growing Consumer Healthcare Technology Company is growing their UX team! They are developing cutting edge devices and mobile applications for use on a range of devices that improve the health, wellness, and safety of their customers.
The Senior UX Designer will be responsible for designing user journeys and interfaces for their customers’ specific needs. The company culture highly values the UX/Digital Design team as a core part of the company’s success. So if you want to be able to do true user experience based design and value having the time and freedom to do thorough usability testing and research, this is the role for you!
If you also want to make a difference, their products improve the lives of their customers through technology that affects their health, safety, and connectivity with family and friends. This is an opportunity to have a true and meaningful impact in the world!
The Senior UX Designer will design user flows, wireframes, user interfaces and interactive prototypes for, mobile apps, web pages and other internal software. He/she will work closely with Product, Brand and Marketing Managers as well as Software Developers.
You'll use your extraordinary eye for detail and structure, as well as impeccable visual design and communication skills to shepherd a design from concept and definition through design revisions, usability testing and final approvals.
You'll also work on a range of products and interface types, including website design, web interfaces, multiple mobile apps, and internal tools.
• Interface and collaborate with key stakeholders and other team members, including front end developers, experience designers, production and analyst managers as well as product and brand managers to create a variety of designs for different platforms
• Continuously research and understand the needs of their customer demographic, including usage patterns, behaviors, and thought process using technology their - and design around it.
• Collaborate and drive new ideas to create innovative experiences that meet strategic objectives for their website, mobile apps, and mobile device products
• Contribute to the development of the creative culture, quality standards and design processes
• Produce web/app ready creative assets for developers to incorporate into websites or mobile applications
• Develop visual solutions for various communications, including presenting options and rationale for design recommendations
• Interpret feedback from project stakeholders and translate into design revisions that solve their needs
To apply, send your resume AND portfolio to Kanani Masterson Breckenridge (email@example.com) for confidential review. This is a fulltime position based in San Diego, CA. *Not working with consulting design firms or other agencies.*
• Must have minimum of 3 years’ experience with user experience design in professional setting. Ideally for consumer web and/or mobile products.
• Must have passion for creating simple, easy to use and clean design
• Expertise with wire framing, usability testing, user flows and prototyping required
• Must have compelling online portfolio demonstrating strong abilities in visual and UX design. These include: fundamental design, layout, color theory, and typography aesthetics
• Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite software, and other key design tools
• Experience managing a design project from start to finish required
• Interest in or experience with project management experience preferred
• A comprehensive understanding of modern UX/UI trends and patterns as well as the ability to execute designs with this understanding required
• Aptitude for learning and applying new and evolving technology as it relates to design software and the web development environment
• Understanding of brand strategy and communication.
Educational Requirements: Bachelor’s degree in Cognitive Science, Visual Design, or related is preferred.
Salary Range and Bonus Potential: $100,000 to $ 125,000 DOE
• Comprehensive health and wellness benefits
• Matching 401K
• Life Insurance, Disability, FSA, EAP, Dental, Vision coverage
• Onsite exercise, wellness, and other great employee perks i.e.: Employee recognition program, extra PTO day of your choice, financial planning assistance, discounts on tickets/movies, etc.)
FOR OTHER OPPORTUNITIES AND TO REGISTER WITH TRISTAFF, PLEASE VISIT OUR WEBSITE AT www.tristaff.com Y
KEYWORDS: UX, UI, user experience, senior ux designer, senior user experience designer, lead ux designer, Wireframing, usability, cognitive science, machine learning, visual design, web design, mobile applications, mobile app design, UX/UI, healthcare, medical devices, mobile devices, consumer electronics, internet, ecommerce