Service/Help Desk Specialist
JOB #: 19061401-TEM
KEY WORDS: Help Desk, Tier 1 Help Desk, Service Desk, IT Help Desk, Service Desk Specialist, IT Help Desk Specialist
Job Purpose: The Service/Help Desk Specialist acts as a business liaison and advocate for the company in a highly visible one-stop resource capacity.
** Please send resume for consideration and call Liz Valdez @ 888-513-9413 or 951-302-4750 ext. 411
• Monitors systems performance to proactively alert responsible parties of potential or impending problems.
• Provides 1st echelon technical support, able to install new client workstations and maintains existing hardware and software configurations.
• Talks with user to determine source of specific error and recommends solution.
• Communicates with other Technology Staff members to help resolve complex problems.
• Tracks end-user computer problems to help analyze user and Technology department efficiencies.
• Prepare and maintain various files for the Technology department.
• Maintain service desk tickets to help facilitate quicker problem resolution and achieve a higher-level of support to end-users.
• Maintain a database of “knowledge base” items to help facilitate faster problem resolution and achieve a higher-level of support to end-users.
• Assist in the formulation and maintenance of department policies, procedures and forms, network and systems documentation.
Salary Range and Bonus Potential: $21-27/hr.
Benefits: (once hired perm)
• Medical & Dental Insurance
• Retirement Savings Plan 401(k)
• Paid Time Off
• Holiday Pay
• Must be able to write and speak with clarity and precision.
• Ability to multitask, and work in a fast-paced environment.
• Must work well in a team environment.
• Possess skills in organizing and prioritizing work.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Products in a network environment
• Must be able to lift computer equipment and other items up to 20 pounds on a regular basis.
• Display enthusiasm and dedication to learning how to be more effective on the job and share knowledge with others.
• High school diploma, college degree or certification in computer science desirable.
• Minimum of three (3) years of information systems experience
• Support/help desk experience highly desired
• Network and telecommunications experience desired
• Experience working with project management software is a plus; previous teaching experience is helpful.