Shipping Lead & Material Handlers (Vista/Carlsbad) Hiring Now!!
Vista, CA 92081
Are you looking for a stable long-term career path working for an essential, exciting, and growing company, then call me. **Please submit resume for consideration and call Liz @ 951-526-9402
• Must be able to stand for long periods of time 8-10 hours.
• Must be able to pass a background.
• High school graduate or equivalent.
I.) SHIPPING LEAD ($22-25/hr. - DOE)
Looking for a strong 1st shift Shipping Lead - must have a warehouse associate background with leadership experience and excellent communication skills both oral and written and strong experience in shipping documentation.
Securely and professionally packing parcel and freight both domestically and internationally
• Track, trace and update the status of outgoing and incoming shipments
• Prepare customs documents and international airway bills
• File and track shipping insurance claims
• Manage the ordering of shipping materials and supplies
• Collaborate and communicate with pertinent departments
• Maintain an orderly and clean work area
• Engage with vendors, customers, and drivers with a positive attitude
• Provide backup support when needed.
Sorting incoming/outgoing stock
• Pulling, packing, and loading (must be comfortable with using ALL warehouse equipment)
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• Strong sense of time organization and urgency to meet deadlines
• A strong team-player with an ability to multi-task and wear several hats is a MUST
• Must display the ability to be a self-starter and work independently
• Analytical thinking required
II.) MATERIAL HANDLERS - ($15-17/hr.)
1st shift– 8am to 4:30pm - flex to work OT
Perform various routine physical tasks involved in one or more of the following: receiving, storing, packaging, shipping, or distributing of materials, parts, supplies, and/or equipment.
• Set up racking.
• Kit manufacturing production runs.
• Prepare and maintain prescribed records, reports, and documentation accurately and neatly.
• Perform all material stocking, assembly, customer service, data entry, and clerical functions as needed.
• Adhere to prescribed safety and quality standards and all written procedures and work instructions.
• Maintain a neat and orderly work area.
REQUIREMENTS AND EXPERIENCE:
Experience in Warehouse, receiving, and shipping along with some experience in manufacturing.
• International shipping experience is a plus.
• Demonstrated computer proficiency using an ERP system, spreadsheet, and word processing software.
• Ability to work independently under general guidelines and supervision.
• Effective interpersonal skills.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Must be detail-oriented.
• Must be able to read, write and verbally communicate in English.