Murrieta, CA 92563
JOB #: 18072001-TEM
KEY WORDS: shipping supervisor, shipping/receiving supervisor, logistics supervisor, ripening supervisor
JOB DESCRIPTION: Shipping/Receiving & Ripening Supervisor – Bilingual English/Spanish
The Shipping/Receiving and Ripening Supervisor will be responsible for all the shipping and receiving functions including, but not limited to: the preparation of fruit for shipping, evaluation of fruit received and shipped with special attention to maintaining the proper color stage expectations , keeping current inventories of fruit and supplies and directing subordinate employees. Supervises and coordinates activities of workers involved with order fulfillment of product and preparing it for shipping both nationally and internationally via expedited carrier services; plays an essential role in the logistic and order fulfillment process, allowing the company to maintain its commitment to Quality, Integrity, Teamwork and Results.
Interested candidates please respond to this posting and submit your resume to email@example.com, and call Liz @ 888-513-9413 ext. 411. I look forward to hearing from you!
Requirements for this position are 3-5+ years shipping and inventory control experience preferably in the produce industry, Previous supervisory experience, two+ years' operating a forklift and pallet jack; possess highly developed skills in the area of organization, communication (both English and Spanish required), problem resolution, and working knowledge of MS software and inventory control software.
• Logistics and inventory management experience a plus
• Working knowledge of planning, forecasting and inventory management within the fast paced environment of produce or related field/industry.
• Strong communication written and oral as well as leadership skills required.
• Ripening knowledge preferred
• Must be able to prioritize tasks, meet deadlines and complete projects in a timely manner
• Excellent organizational skills and follow through; Ability to multi-task
• Strong computer skills, with Microsoft Word and Excel required
• Strong analytical skills and decision making capability
• High level of experience with perishable goods preferred
• Must be comfortable with changing deadlines and shifting priorities
• Highly organized with special attention to detail
• Must be willing to work flexible schedules; able to work Saturdays and Sundays
• At least 3-5 years' experience in shipping and/or transportation of perishable products.
• Excellent oral and written English language skills, Spanish oral skills.
• Ability plan, organize and coordinate work assignments.
• Experienced Forklift Operator.
• Ability to utilize a Shrink Wrapper, Pallet Jack and General office equipment
$42-55K+ annually DOE
• High School Diploma or equivalent required. BS in Business, Logistics & Transportation, Accounting or related field preferred.
FOR OTHER OPPORTUNITIES AND TO REGISTER WITH TRISTAFF, PLEASE CALL TRISTAFF AT 888-513-9413 ext. 411.