Software Architect – Well-Funded Startup, P2P Web Platform
San Diego, CA 92130
JOB #: 18091102 - P
We are partnering with an early stage, well-funded Startup Company who is seeking a new Chief Software Architect to lead the efforts of revolutionizing a huge, untapped market with a new peer-to-peer platform and transactional marketplace.
The company in based in San Diego, and founded by entrepreneurs who are experts in their target industry, and are looking for a highly technical and strategic but hands-on, Software Architect. This position will potentially lead to a CTO role for the right person, and reports directly to the CEO and COO, and will involve both architecture design and development. If you are someone who loves influencing new design from scratch and having an immediate impact, this is an ideal role for you!
They are building an entirely new architecture for their SaaS platform, and are looking for a highly technical and forward thinking Software Architect or Lead Software Engineer to design and develop it. You will have a unique opportunity to choose what you think the best architecture, platform, languages, etc. will work best for their needs. This is a complex product suite, involving API’s to multiple systems, predictive analytics, AI, search, personalization, high-transaction and secure payment processing, and mobile applications (iOS and Android).
Development projects involve developing a products to service both B2B and consumer B2C needs, through a cloud based web portal and mobile devices.
To apply, send your resume to Kanani Masterson (firstname.lastname@example.org) for confidential review.
• Responsible for architecting framework for all software applications developed by the company; including B2B and B2C consumer facing platforms.
• Oversee software architecture, systems analysis, software design, development, QA, architecture, and DevOps.
• Architect and articulate infrastructure and architecture changes needed to meet product roadmap, budgets, technical resources, and product schedules
• Design service-oriented architecture (SOA) that can support a subscription-based model that their clients can use to provide on-line transactions with their customers through the web or mobile devices.
• Hire and mentor a team of outstanding engineers through recruiting, networking, and community involvement
• Drive the evolution of their Agile software development processes and toolsets, mostly likely drawn from Open Source tools.
• Manage contracted software development efforts and third-party software vendors
Salary Range and Bonus Potential:
$140K to $175K base DOE
• Significant Pre-IPO Equity
• Performance Bonuses
• Significant, early stage Pre-IPO equity
• Engaged and highly supportive investors and executive team
• Employee-friendly, lively work environment.
• Comprehensive health benefits
• Performance bonuses
• Must have 2+ years of engineering management experience, including technical leadership of teams in a startup or fast-growth environment.
• Must have 7+ years of professional software engineering experience.
• Must have direct experience creating an online SaaS platform, online marketplace, or similar ecommerce based system from ground up.
• Experience or interest in interfacing with Executives, Venture Capital/Angel Investors, and Board Members for fundraising and strategy purposes
• Experience working on multiple web-based product lines websites using cloud-based hosting or service-oriented architecture (SOA).
• Expert-level proficiency with OOD principles, software architecture, and data modeling
• Understanding of hardware interfaces would be a big plus.
• Ability to clearly and concisely communicate complex technical subject matter to a variety of audiences, including presentations to the executive team and board of directors
• Demonstrated success in leading and evolving Agile software development teams and effectively collaborating with the Product Management department
• Personality traits: high-energy, decisiveness, ability to collaborate with different personality types, ability to motivate and stick to product launch schedules, multi-tasker, and entrepreneurial personality.
• Demonstrated proficiency in developing and executing strategic and tactical plans for technology departments, including budgeting.
• Direct experience with native or web mobile application development.
Educational Requirements: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or related engineering field preferred. MBA or MS degree preferred.
FOR OTHER OPPORTUNITIES AND TO REGISTER WITH TRISTAFF, PLEASE VISIT OUR WEBSITE AT www.tristaff.com
KEYWORDS: vp product management, senior product manager, product management, director product management, product manager, product owner, UX, mobile, P2P, B2B, B2C, online transactions, Crowdfunding, payment processing, AI, predictive modeling, big data, analytics, search, ecommerce