Software Engineer – Cutting-Edge Medical Windows Software
San Diego, CA 92122
JOB #: 19011503 - P
Established, Privately-held Medical Diagnostics Software Company with over 25 years in business is looking for multiple Intermediate and Senior Software Engineers. You will be designing and developing Windows-based desktop applications that can read and analyze complex medical device data in entirely new ways. Their applications are used in Top 50 major hospital systems in the United States, so you’ll have a chance to help save lives and improve outcomes for millions of people!
If you’re a bright and mathematically-oriented Engineer who would love the ability to work in a company that is nimble and innovative, but also offers the stability of a stable organization, this is it!
You’ll responsible for designing and developing brand new features and products, as well as debugging and improving existing products.
This is a role that will pave the way for you to learn multiple areas of the applications and also perform as Lead Software Engineer if that’s in your career growth plans. You will report directly to the VP of Engineering and work closely with the CEO and CTO as well.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Develop complex software primarily in C++ with some C# and Microsoft Visual Studio
• Maintain highest coding standards and in accordance with applicable software development methodology and release processes.
• Deep experience with Windows desktop software and with Microsoft Visual Studio is required.
• Ability to create and execute designs for new functionalities of software applications.
• Collaborate with small engineering team (three others) and add value through participation in peer code reviews, providing comments and suggestions.
• Provide clever solutions to problems using sound problem solving techniques.
• Perform technical root cause analysis and outlines corrective action for given problems
• Estimate level of effort, evaluate new options of similar technology, and offer suggestions to improve processes.
• Apply a sense of urgency, commitment and focus on the right priorities in developing solutions in a timely fashion.
• Participate in product definition activities, including features analysis and system tradeoffs.
To apply, send your resume for confidential review to Kanani Masterson (email@example.com). This is a fulltime position based in San Diego - North County Coastal area.
Salary Range and Bonus Potential: $90,000 to $135,000 per year
• 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage for both employees AND dependents.
• 3 weeks of vacation, 1 week of sick time
• 401K program starting after 6 months of employment, up to 5% match of salary
• Annual bonuses between at 10-20%
• Ability to work from home remotely when needed.
• Minimum of 5 (five) years relevant experience OR an equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
• Must demonstrate proficiency and possess experience necessary to develop moderately complex desktop software in C++ and C#.
• Must be legally authorized to work for any employer in the United States without sponsorship.
• Demonstrates proficient knowledge and utilization of engineering tools necessary for successful performance of the essential functions of this job description).
• Extensive knowledge of Windows desktop software and with Microsoft Visual Studio required.
• Demonstrate deep understanding of relevant software engineering tools (configuration management systems, build processes, debuggers).
• Must demonstrate proficient ability to capture and document software requirements and specifications.
• Self-motivated team player who works well under pressure and independently.
• Experience with medical software, healthcare, FDA or other regulated software applications preferred.
• Bachelor’s level Degree required. Ideally in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Math or Physics, or related technical field is ideal.
FOR OTHER OPPORTUNITIES AND TO REGISTER WITH TRISTAFF, PLEASE VISIT OUR WEBSITE AT www.tristaff.com
KEYWORDS: software engineer, software developer, senior software engineer, senior software developer, medical, healthcare, medical devices, FDA, desktop, windows, C++, C#, C#.NET, Microsoft Visual Studio, MFC, MVC, VC++, SQL, algorithms, machine learning