Software Systems Architect – Pre-IPO, Scientific Imaging Platform
San Diego, CA 92122
JOB #: 18112001 - P
KEY WORDS: software architect, systems architect, systems engineer, principle software engineer, staff engineer, Lead systems engineer, architect, DevOps, docker, Linux, GPU, CPU, big data, analytics, graphics, vision, imaging, rendering, 3D, gaming, medical imaging, genomics, biotech, bioinformatics, cheminformatics, pharmaceutical, DoD, defense, virtualization, HPC, data center, networks, networking, security
Fast growth, Pre-IPO Technology Company developing cutting edge hardware and software systems for advanced imaging across multiple industries. To continue scaling their solutions, they are looking for a Software Systems Architect to evaluate their current infrastructure and software architecture to make informed recommendations. You’ll influence new development, redesign, and implementation strategies to continuously improve systems performance. This is an ideal opportunity for someone who has interest in genomics, scientific or medical imaging, physics, data analytics, and high-performance computing as you will be working on systems requiring these disciplines.
Their solutions are comprised of large-scale hardware equipment and software to capture 3D images and create real-time graphical renderings for a range of customers. Due to high-level security requirements and other regulations, their customers use closed, onsite networks made for computational and graphical processing.
The Corporate Software Development and Data Science teams subsequently use the captured data to improve algorithms and data models using AWS hosted dashboards and databases. Thus, this role requires deep systems architecture knowledge for a range of infrastructure models as you’ll be tasked with the design overall solution architecture to scale as they grow.
If you are an exceptional Systems Software Architect who loves to tackle exciting and difficult problems that will radically improve the way major government and commercial systems interact, this is the role for you!
To apply, email a resume for confidential review to Kanani Masterson (email@example.com). This role requires US Citizenship and ability to work onsite in San Diego, CA as well as some travel.
• Drive development methodology, process and technique innovation, and adoption in order to achieve engineering excellence
• Apply exhaustive and diversified knowledge of software engineering principles and practices to provide solutions
• Utilize your depth of experience to quickly try alternatives before a final approach is chosen
• Design and implement imaginative, thorough and practical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems where inaccurate decisions could cause significant delay of projects or programs requiring allocation of additional resources
• Responsible for participating in negotiating the timeframe for completion of group project work, for assigning project tasks and delivery of quality work within schedule and with changing constraints
• Synchronize tasks across groups and guide teams of engineers to solve problems, while communicating status and progress to management
• Enforce process amongst team members while providing technical advice, leadership and direction when necessary
• Work to lead others in process and help them to grow technically
• Ability to look at a problem from different angles to find the best solutions
Salary Range and Bonus Potential:
$140,000 to $ 175,000 base per year
• Comprehensive medical benefits (90% of the premium for the employee and 83-85% for dependents), dental, vision, STD/LTD, Life Insurance
• Pre-IPO Equity
• Matching 401K
• Flexible spending account (FSA)
• Seven (7) paid holidays plus two paid (2) floating holidays equaling nine (9) in total.
• Paid Time Off (PTO): 15 PTO days per year (5 hours per pay period) based on company policy. With seniority, you will accrue more PTO per company policy.
• Minimum of 10 years of relevant Software Architecture and design experience for complex systems
• Direct experience with agile/scrum environment is required
• Direct experience with some a combination of the following technologies (not all are required):
- Object oriented design and analysis
- Languages - Python, C++
- Linux: CentOS (with GPU), Scientific Linux
- Database Systems: Postgres, MySQL, Oracle
- Containers: Docker
- Container orchestration: Kubernetes / Docker Swarm
• Experience or familiarity with some / all the following technologies:
- UML, SysML, XML, QML, other XML related tools and technologies
- Network Communication using ZeroMQ, VPN, TCP/IP and Wireless
- Data persistency frameworks: avro
- Neural networks and deep learning: Apache SVN, TensorFlow
- Cloud platforms (AWS, Google Cloud, etc.) and the ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services, including experience with VPCs, subnets, security, etc.
- Experience with distributed objects over Internet/Intranet
• Systems Administration/System Engineer certification in Unix/Linux, a plus
• Amazon Cloud Certification and any other DevOps Certification, a plus
• Strong technical problem-solving skills and enthusiastic about learning new tools & technologies
• Ability to develop overall solution architecture and propose various architectures to suit different purposes
• Display excellent initiative to tackle work and provide solutions and able to communicate architecture to upper management with UML and diagrams
• Excellent working knowledge of software lifecycle with experience in multiple methodologies
• Cross-cultural awareness, ability to work effectively with different functions and seniority levels to successfully influence all levels of the organization
• Has the ability to recognize system-wide issues and design accordingly using your OO design and programming skills. Must also be especially skilled in designing and recognizing flaws in others' designs.
• Ability to coach more junior engineers to produce better OO code and results
• Ability to lead others in database design or to complete complex database projects independently
• Ability to demonstrate significant levels of autonomy and mature capability to define deliverables based on longer term and often ambiguous objectives
• Understanding the entire system or product line to maintain consistency, while applying your innovation and creativity skills
• Familiarity with various scheduling tools and methodologies and ability to schedule tasks for subordinate engineers and keep them on track
• Understanding and interpreting high level management direction as it applies to specific technologies and products
Required Education: Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Computer science or related field
Preferred Education: Graduate degrees desirable.
FOR OTHER OPPORTUNITIES AND TO REGISTER WITH TRISTAFF, PLEASE VISIT OUR WEBSITE AT www.tristaff.com