Sr Backend Software Engineer – NodeJS, Cloud & Mobile Education Technology
San Diego, CA 92103
JOB #: 18111601 -P
Are you ready to make your mark as a talented Software Engineer and further your career at an exciting and well-funded Education Technology Startup?? Our client is a thriving San Diego based Company that has raised several million in funding, including a recent round that should take them through to profitability. They are building a first-to-market digital platform for the education industry and looking for a new Senior Backend Node.JS Software Engineer to work on their mobile and AWS based platform.
As a Senior Backend Software Engineer, you will be part of an agile, multidisciplinary team building a location-based learning intelligence platform that enables real-time and automatic capture and collection of critical data that benefits both students and learning institutions.
Their solutions solve major pain points and barriers to profitability, such as data and workflow management tools that allow educational institutions easily manage compliance and other regulatory issues. Other features include data analysis on student engagement, instructor reviews, digital grading, behavior analysis, and digital testing tools.
• Act as a product owner, weighing both the business and technical value and prioritization of each task.
• Experiment, test, try, fail and learn all the time, and are expected not to do things just because they were always done that way, by constantly working to challenge and improve things.
• Identify and keep track of metrics that tell them how the software is performing
• Make improvements to the deployment pipeline to ensure smooth and frequent releases
• Continuously evolve our development process to make it more efficient and productive
• Implement APIs and features to allow the software and front end to evolve
• Work with front-end, mobile and management teams on implementation of new features
• Work on the backend codebase powering the applications by writing code, tests, and documentation
Recent project examples:
• Implementing an improved pipeline allowing us to do continuous integration
• Revamping and rebuilding their real-time sockets services
• Improving backend microservices to increase scalability, security, and reliability
If you are ready to contribute your technical skills to a totally differentiated product that is making a positive impact in a $10B industry, this is an ideal opportunity for you!
TO APPLY: Send your resume to Kanani Masterson - email@example.com – for confidential review. This is a fulltime, onsite position based in San Diego, CA.
$100,000 – 130,000 base + equity
Benefits and Perks:
Major Healthcare covered 90%, dental, vision, LTD
A lot of opportunities for personal and career growth as well as major learning opportunities through meetups, mentorships and learning tools.
As well as:
• Table tennis, Pool Table, free drinks, coffee, and snacks
• Flexible hours & unlimited vacation/sick time off policy
• Optional remote work days
• Free parking and easy to get to location next to 5 Freeway and trolley station
• Familiarity with ES6 (ECMAScript 6), ORM (Object-relational mapping) libraries, monitoring tools, and continuous integration tools.
• Experience with SQL, MySQL, PostgreSQL or similar backend technologies.
• Must have experience with SaaS delivered applications. Experience with AWS or other cloud technologies is preferred.
• Personality Traits: Smart, gets things done, excellent communication skills, passionate about technology, open minded and always learning
• Able to come up with creative solutions for software limitations and identify gaps and limitations of the development process
• Ability to build well-documented APIs for other teams
• Ability to make data-driven decisions.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or similar is preferred.
FOR OTHER OPPORTUNITIES AND TO REGISTER WITH TRISTAFF, PLEASE VISIT OUR WEBSITE AT www.tristaff.com