Sr Embedded Engineer – Complex Hardware and Data Acquisition Systems
San Diego, CA 92122
JOB #: 18110101 - P
Stable and thriving Tech Company is building up their team with a key Senior Embedded Software Engineer. Based on new patented technology, you'll work on all new hardware and embedded systems from prototype phase through to launch, as well as ongoing custom feature sets for Fortune 1000 customers.
You will get to utilize your deep expertise in designing and developing commercial-scale embedded systems that will be used to improve the world by reducing carbon emissions and energy consumption. If you'd like to work on products that will make a big positive impact in the world, this is the ideal role for you!
You will work on a small team of bright engineers (hardware, mechanical and electrical) to create highly reliable, high-performance electronic instrument control systems for thermal, laser, electronic and other commercial testing systems.
If you’re eager to bring your talent and dedication to a successful team and work on brand new technology, send your resume for review to email@example.com.
• Design and develop feature-rich embedded code for next-generation testing, power controls, data transmission, and instrumentation products
• Provide creative, practical and consistent technical solutions.
• Exercise judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
• Create user documentation
To apply, send your resume for confidential review to Kanani Masterson (firstname.lastname@example.org). This is a fulltime position based in San Diego, CA. Locally based and actively relocating candidates preferred.
• Must have 5+ years of demonstrated experience developing commercial-scale embedded firmware
• Must have current experience developing embedded code that is very close to the hardware/chip level
• Thorough understanding of technical standards, principles, theories and techniques with the ability to apply these to a broad set of applications
• Experience developing interrupt driven applications
• Understanding of electronic circuits and systems
• Current programming experience with C and/or C++
• Ideal Personality Traits: detail oriented, highly motivated, have a positive attitude, excellent written and verbal communication skills, startup mentality, and no ego.
• Electronic instrument control design and development
• Understanding of SCPI command protocols
• TI C2000 DSP with code composer studio
• Rabbit microprocessor with Dynamic C
• BS degree in Engineering related discipline - Electrical or Computer engineering preferred. MS degree preferred.
Salary Range and Bonus Potential:
$110,000 to $140,000 + bonus
• Great work/life balance and 9/80 work schedule, with every other Friday off
• Comprehensive health benefits
• Performance bonuses
• Collaborative, casual, and high-energy work environment.
KEYWORDS: Staff embedded engineer, principal, principle, lead embedded software, senior firmware engineer, firmware, embedded engineer, embedded software engineer, electrical engineer, hardware, testing, laser, SCPI, DSP, microprocessor, dynamic c, devices, instrumentation, LED, chipsets, TI, rabbit, Texas Instruments, microcontroller, spectrometer, medical device, satellite, biotech