Sr. Aerospace Engineer – Torrance, CA
Torrence, CA 90248
JOB #: 69280 - TJM
KEY WORDS: Aerospace, Aviation, Manufacturing / Mechanical Engineer, subassemblies, working instructions
JOB DESCRIPTION: The Sr. Aerospace Engineer will be supporting the Design and Manufacturing Engineers transfer of NPI products from development to production for the Military and Commercial Aviation departments. Your primary responsibilities as an individual contributor will be subassemblies, analyze and approve/improve on drawings and procedures and collaborate successfully with assembly techs to develop specifications specific to the program.
For over half a century our client has been designing and building aircraft components. In 1969 they were a part of the historic first step on the moon and have continued their success since exceeding 1 billion dollars in a fiscal year sales. Providing a culture of integrity, honesty and mutual trust, our client’s work environment unites and motivates everyone. They value competence, extraordinary effort, individual responsibility, collaborative relationships, and open communications.
• During initial design review, reviews all design drawings for areas of improvement based on past production experience.
• Defines and requisitions the production assembly/test equipment, fixturing and tooling.
• Production assembly and test instructions are prepared for initial proofing during the development program.
• The incumbent trains production assembly/test personnel prior to and during production start-up.
• Supports Development Engineer by completing various design tasks, trade off studies, supplying support for customer and vendor questions and performing various test/evaluation programs.
• Monitors assembly/test of assigned products, identifies areas for improvements in producibility and quality and initiates the necessary changes to incorporate these improvements. Scope of improvement changes includes assembly/test instructions, Assembly/test equipment, fixturing and design.
• Reviews and approves design change proposals (permanent and deviation – temporary) with “after” review by the Manufacturing Manager. Sources of change proposals include: Manufacturing Engineering – producibility of machined parts; Material Review Board – “use as is”, scrap, rework decisions; Material and Process department – material/process spec changes; Vendor – quality/producibility improvements and Customer – product specification changes.
• Develops and initiates design changes to resolve assembly/test problems, improve piece part producibility, and salvage deviate hardware as part of Material Review Board actions.
• Provides technical direction and direct support for analysis of failed units returned by the customer and in-house rejections. The incumbent reviews and approves (sometimes also initiates) the Failure Analysis Report and in some instances, with Quality Assurance Engineer, formally presents the report to the customer.
• With the Development Engineer, establishes corrective action for qualification test failures.
• $ 95,000-130,000 per year
• Comprehensive Benefits Package.
• Stable organization with longevity.
• A minimum of 5 years of experience in a related industry and job responsibility
• Excellent communication skills both written and verbal, to all levels of the organization
• A self-starter willing to take action without guidance, and can balance multiple projects simultaneously
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
• Expertise with Subassemblies and work instructions and Test instructions.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering
FOR OTHER OPPORTUNITIES AND TO REGISTER WITH TRISTAFF, PLEASE VISIT OUR WEBSITE AT www.tristaff.com