Sr. RF Engineer – board level- San Diego
San Diego, CA 92128
JOB #: 69424- TJ
KEY WORDS: Multi GHz RF, System Architecture, HW Component selections, System and circuit design an implementation, integration, production and compliance testing.
JOB DESCRIPTION: We are seeking a talented Senior RF Design Engineer to work in our San Diego office to support product development and manufacturing.
• Small Satellite office- The RF Engineers cover a broad range of activities that are lumped into the RF Design Engineer title.
o System Architecture through Hardware Components Selection.
o System and circuit design and implementation.
o Integration with Firmware
o Getting the product to production and compliance testing.
• MUST know RF Fundamentals – RF knowledge Basics.
• Experience with Mobile Network MIMO or at least some overlap.
• Antenna to baseband RF subsystem design using discrete circuitry or highly integrated RFICs.
• Discrete design includes PLL, LNA, Mixers, PA etc.
• Implementing or supervising schematic capture and PCB layout.
• RF performance characterization, tuning and troubleshooting.
• Overall system design to ensure good EMI performance.
• Ensure circuit board design and overall radio product can pass relevant emission and immunity regulations.
• Troubleshoot RF related production yield problems.
• Improve design for manufacturability.
Salary Range and Bonus Potential:
$ 110K to $ 150K
• Profit sharing bonus
• COMPANY CONTRIBUTION TO SIMPLE-IRA PROGRAM
• Long term disability
• GROUP MEDICAL, DENTAL, VISION, & LIFE INSURANCE
• 5+ years of relevant multi GHz RF hardware development experience.
• Hands on experience with solving EMI, harmonics, spurious, stability issues are a must.
• Excellent bench skills are a must.
• Good working knowledge of RF board layout, fabrication, packaging is a must.
• Experience with using RF simulation tools such as Microwave Office is a must.
• Experienced with dual band and/or wideband design and matching is a plus.
• Knowledge of antenna design is a plus.
• Wireless communications systems understanding is a plus.
• Experience using schematic capture and PCB layout tools such as Altium is a plus.
• Detail oriented and have a firm commitment to quality.
• Must be a U.S. person (U.S. Permanent Resident or U.S. Citizen) due to clients under U.S. government contracts
• BS required. MSEE a plus.