Sr. Systems Engineer – Actuators or Flight Controls – DOORS Proficiency
Torrance, CA 90501
JOB #: 68923-TJ
KEY WORDS: Systems Engineer, motion Control,
JOB DESCRIPTION: TriStaff is partnering with this premier manufacturer of highly precise motion control systems. We are currently searching for a Senior Systems Engineer to develop the system architecture for new development programs. You will be responsible for the effectiveness of the technical solution created to support the customer’s needs. This includes: Determining the physical properties of the system, building and exercising physics-based performance models of the system in the entire operational environment, creation of requirements baselines for the project and leading system-level integration and test. You will also participate in the strategic side of the business by developing product platforms, new integration and test methodologies, and participation in the business unit strategy development and technology roadmaps.
• Conduct systematic capture, development and documentation of fully verifiable requirements into a total systems solutions that acknowledges technical, schedule, and cost constraints through consulting with customers, staff and sales personnel.
• Conduct functional analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications. Effectively communicate these internal design requirements to the other members of the design team.
• Innovate new ways to model systems to support trade studies and solution architectures with customers during early business development efforts.
• Create detailed Verification and Validation plans and procedures for the testing of systems. Investigate and create new test methods and approaches.
• Conduct system level integration and test including any system anomalies investigations.
• Create concise reports that document the design decisions and analysis results.
• Evaluate and assess new markets, products or technologies in collaboration with other personnel and customers.
• Develop new product platform designs for each business unit sectors. These platforms can support current market positions or create new market opportunities.
• Represent in a manner consistent with its strong technical reputation.
• Operate as a lead member of a team of creative, independent individuals.
• Participate in the creation of strategic business plans and technology plans for business units. This to include business unit strategy maps, functional strategy maps and technology roadmaps.
• Expected to be able to work across sites to coordinate the creation of system solutions.
Salary Range and Bonus Potential:
$120K to $ 165K
• Comprehensive health programs
• Retirement plans
• Recreational activities
• Many locations offer assistance with tuition for advanced degrees
• 10 years of progressive experience in the field of Systems Engineering
• Must have strong proficiency with DOORS as the main tool for Systems Engineering Requirements Development and flow-down
• Proven general capabilities/competencies in Building Strategic Working Relationships, Planning and Organizing, Customer Focus
• Proven specific capabilities/competencies in Requirements Management, Verification and Validation Methods, Control Systems Design Integration and Test
• Proficiency in modeling tools, such as MATLAB and SIMULINK
• Bachelor of Science or Masters of Science Degree in Electrical, Mechanical, Software or Systems Engineering
FOR OTHER OPPORTUNITIES AND TO REGISTER WITH TRISTAFF, PLEASE VISIT OUR WEBSITE AT www.tristaff.com